Here is my review on Lava KKT 42. I purchased it on ebay at a price tag of 1315rs. The reason I selected it bcz of its pretty large screen and huge battery.. Things i found after using it foer few days,
>Large screen with QVGA resolution display.. Good for old age people.
>4 ways navigation key can be modified to set required shortcut like in nokia handsets.
>2000mah battery easily gives >3 days battery back up.
>Wireless FM radio with recording its d
>phone is completely made of plastic, removing back cover needs careful attention. It is highly prone to breakage especially if u remove back cover more frequently.
>Both sim slots as well as memory card slot is located under the battery. So removing of
it is a very good phone with a powerful 2000 mAh battery which gives a super long standby.
I gifted this phone to my father on his Birthday. and He is Very happy to get the phone because his older phone has to be charged daily. the build Quality is Good and ha got a very big display.
1) Good Battery Capacity 2000 mAh.
++ more than 320 hrs of standby time.
++ talk time of more than 10 hrs 30 min.
2) Good Display.
3) Nice keypad.
4) Support Hindi Language.
5) 1.3 MP Camera (takes good images).
6) Torch light.
7) FM Radio.
8) Mobile Tacker.
9) Super Sound Quality.
10) Call Blacklist.
1) Does not support GPRS.
2) No Internal Memory.
3) Only one wallpaper and 3 ringtones only.
I bought this phone for my mother and she quickly got used to the phone. The display is fairly large and the keys are decently sized. I can vouch that you could not ask more features than what is packed on this phone, from any sub-3000 Rs phone.
Few CONs that I have noticed (not really deal breakers):
1) Contacts cannot be transferred to this phone via Bluetooth. It does not recognize the regular contacts format (vcf)
2) Ringing volume at max level feels low, if you are in a public place
3) This phone does not have a dedicated SIM switch key and you cannot custom name the SIMs
4) To use many functions like camera, custom wallpaper, custom ringtone etc. you would need an SD card in the phone.
Update after more than a year of use:
1) The OK button (middle suqare key) has come off
2) There are problems with transmitting voice. Many-a-times, the other party can't hear what the caller says.
Camera is too bad.
Screen resolution also poor.
Key pads are so hard to push.
O.S not user friendly...
i hv decided to purchase high end phone aftr buying this lava phone....superb feature...excellent performance..unbelievable...everyone should go for lava instead of foreign brands....no defects....