I miss this phone and am surprised why is it not being reproduced and marketed! Why can't the manufacturers appreciate that there are a lot of people (especially the elderly ones) who do not want a "so called" smart, touch-screen phone? Please take this advise and give me a piece in black colour at whatever price you want. Regards.
Pros: It is the best phone for the elderlies! (There are a lot of them in this world)
There are no cons!
i got the phone some 15 days back.. will try to give you an overview
What you will love?
1. excellent battery backup - this was my first priority and the phone performs handsomely here. battery lasts for 2-3 days with moderate use (=30-40 mins of calls, checking mail & fb 3-4 times a day & listening to music for sm 20-30 min)
2. nice looks - i am using the silver colored set. the overall finish is great & the set is light weight & looks good in the hand. display too is sharp
3. homescreen - this feature places all the needed shortcuts at ur fingertips. you can customize it as per your need.
4. music output is decent; i have replaced it with my philips headphones for better performance.
5. camera too is good for daylight photos, but you will miss a flash when taking night photos.
6. the phone can be used as a 3G modem. download the pc suite & you are ready to surf the net. the speed is excellent (i'm using idea 3G)
7. ovi store has a great collection of apps - you can chat, play games & do many other exciting things from your device.
What you will miss?
1. A good Browser was needed. The pre installed opera is awful & badly needs an upgrade. ovi store has a nokia browser that might help.
2. Flash - will be badly missed while taking night photos
What did I compare it with & why I chose C2-01?
A close contender was Sony Cedar, but sony's reputation has been falling when it comes to low end phones. I didn't want to take a risk..
Another competitor was nokia X2. Better camera (5 mpx) & better music output. But NO 3G :(
3G will surely help if u want to use ur phone as a modem.
The phone is a good buy in under 4k. Nokia's reputation has been good at low end phones & the set will last beyond 1-2 years (maybe more) depending how & how much you use it.
Those with higher budgets are reading the wrong review - You must go for a htc/samsung galaxy.
Pepl wit 4k in pockets (like me) will enjoy this phone for sure.
Flipkart is offering really great service. I have purchased some electronic items from the site & all of them were delivered well on time & in perfect condition with original bill & warranty. You can confidently shop with Flipkart.
Hope the review was helpful.
Not every phone in this range is perfect at everything. This phone is no exception. Here are a few Pros and Cons for this phone:
1-Light weight and brilliant display
2-Great 3G support at this price
3-Speakers and battery is good
4-Easy to operate.
5-Has WAP and Opera Mini as preinstalled browsers
1-Horrible earpiece. Sometimes even gets disconnected. I am not able to make out if it's a defetcive earpice or it is like this only.
2-Battery won't survive long if continual 3G services are used.
all in all a good buy at this price. A good 3G phone by Nokia at this price range.
Go for it!!!
This phone is a good value for money. I bought 6 months ago all works fine. Battery is very much impressive. The 2G internet speed is great. It gives EDGE class 32,while most of the phones gives EDGE 10 or EDGE 12. 3.2 megapixel camera is OK but no Flash. Screen resolution and clarity is very fine but may be due to my rough use scree got few scratches soon. The build quality of the phone is pretty impressive that as a rough user it is still works fine even after it fell down some 10 times from my hand!
But if u can sacrifice camera and 3G (Plz note that this is a basic 3G which can give you max 390kbps speed and No video call;so dnt buy this phone if u r looking for a 3G experience.go for some HSPA phone then) I suggest you to go for Nokia X1-01 which is a music handset with QWERTY keypad in this range.
I myself have a online delivery system business and I must say Flipkart has impressed and inspired me to a large extent.
The phone is nice, good for its price. The headphone quality is below par and they should include memory card with it.