I just love it. Absolutely fine. My friends also liked it. used last 2 months. All perfect.
Slim model, speed, battery save features
Slight battery consumption high. But if used smartly, not an issue.
uber cool phone with superb and smart features voice dialing required Samsung..............
best features, battery and camera
no ultra hd display
Mobile provider has given wrong specs at all sites. Dual SIM option is optional with expandable memory. Either memory card is inserted or 2nd sim. Both functions are not simultaneously provided.
average in the price range
Dual SIM option is optional with expandable memory. Either memory card is inserted or 2nd sim. Both functions are not simultaneously provided.
I have been using this phone for over two months now.
To start, at around 16k, this is an awesome phone. Some of its features are absolutely top drawer when compared to other phones in this price range.
1. The cameras (both front and back) are brilliant. Some very clever features have been added to the stock camera app which eliminates the need of installing any other camera app. There is a gesture recognition feature for the front camera which makes it a real joy to use and gives clear, steady and shake-free selfies as you dont need to tap or click anywhere on the phone to take the pic. It also has a face-tweeking feature which I found real fun to use. As far as the basic parameters are concerned, it takes really good low light pictures, the flash responds well even in complete darkness. It has a good enough zoom and the photos hold out well and dont look granular even when zoomed to a large extent in computer.
2. Super AMOLED display is stunning, and at this price, its a great addition. 5-inch screen gives great output for both still images and videos. I am not a keen gamer, so cant say much about its rendering of high end games, though games like Temple Run 2 run smoothly.
3. 1.2 GHz processor works fine and I have not experienced any lag till now. I am a big app addict and love to keep loads of apps installed in my phone and the speed is perfectly fine.
4. The phone is very sleek and its form factor feels better compared to Galaxy S3 or S4. Those who have not used a 5 inch screen before might find it a little difficult to handle initially but its superb display makes it worthwhile.
5. There are a few very good features in the phone which you wont find in any other phone like the split- screen display which lets you use two apps simultaneously. It has a UPS (ultra power saving) mode which which turns the phone into a black and white one and greatly enhances battery life. It also has screen mirroring which gives direct output from phone to TV.
6. There are a lot of pre-installed apps by Google and Samsung which cant be deleted, which is a a bit annoying.
7. There is a catch in the dual SIM feature as there is no different slot for memory stick and one of the SIM slot doubles up as a memory stick slot. So effectively, you can use either two SIM cards or one SIM and one memory stick at a time, though 16 GB internal memory, of which around 12 GB is usable, is enough for keeping quite a few apps, songs, videos and games and I didnt feel the need to have extra memory.
8. Battery performance is ok, lasts almost for a day with average internet usage. Though I feel, they could have given a little more than 2400mAh, considering that it has a 5-inch display and its multi tasking features.
9. Volume rocker is on the left side of the display which makes it a little clumsy to handle if you are using a flip cover.
Overall, a very good buy at this range. Though, I have to admit at all Samsung phones look the same but you get the "Samsung" reliability and a good service network.
P.S- I got a 2400 INR cash back from Paytm with the phone, which was really useful. This offer was given by Samsung and Paytm and could have been availed irrespective of where you buy the phone from. Dont know whether this offer is still on or not.
Purchased from samsung store in Mumbai on 12th Feb 2015. Display stopped working just 15 days after purchase.
Samsung service is even worse - they say that it happens some times in electronic device. And they feel proud that they have given warranty for the phone. Yet when i approached them for replacement, they denied on pretext of some random company policy.
Bought samsung "overpriced" phones just because of brand and quality but they are worse than chinese brands on both the points. Same features are available with good quality in other brands.
Don't go for any of the samsung phones as their quality disappoints big time.