hang is biggest problem in Xperia mobile
This mobile have many problem but HANGING is most problem
Camera is best
Front camera is very bad
The features are good but the price is high
Resolution, Processor , user frinedly
High Price, Average battery,
CMING THIS MONTH
CMING THIS MONTH
CMING THIS MONTH
I got my Xperia L after bit of research about mid-range android smartphones. Here are my impressions so far:
1) Even though its just 1 Ghz Dual core, performance is very impressive (coming from previous galaxy note user). Its Qualcomm's s4 play SoC Krait-based architecture, which means its much faster than older dual core processor android phones (like HTC Desire X). Infact, on benchmark tests its on par or exceeds the performance of Samsung Quattro/ Grand even though they may have more cores/ faster clock speeds.
Don't go by numbers alone - SoC architecture matters !
2) Jelly bean 4.1.2 is crisp and smooth. No lag. Not a lot of bloatware (some of which can be deleted). Considering it was just launched in April 2013, there are good chances SONY will upgrade this to Android 5.0 in the upcoming year (Biggest plus point if you are buying a mid-range phone).
3) Display is decent at 228 ppi (though not extraordinary but then this is good for mid-range phone). Colours are vivid compared to LG's IPS display. Gorilla glass is missing.
4) Form factor and built is impressive (again not a fan of cheap plastic built quality of Samsung phones). Size is just about right -not too big, not too small
5) Even though SONY is marketing this as a top notch camera phone in mid-segment, camera quality remains to be seen. Colours are vivid but there is some noise. Hopefully, SONY will improve auto-mode performance with software updates. I am yet to fully test the capabilities and picture quality.
6) Battery life is good. Also, the phone is bundled with SONY STAMINA and LOW BATTERY modes for enhanced battery life. No need to download third-party apps for power management. In-built battery apps tend to be more reliable and robust.
7) It supports both MTP (didn't work in ubuntu 13) and USB mass storage modes to connect the PC.
8) You cannot shoot 1080p videos and also cannot playback 1080p videos (Why ??)
9) It has a nice led to alert you about notifications.
1) I ran Antutu benchmarks on the phone and got scores around 10700. Antutu benchmark tests CPU, RAM, 2d and 3d graphics, SD card read/writes capabilities of the phone. Higher the score, better it is.
To put this score into perspective, older Samsung flagship phones Galaxy S2 scores around 9000 and Galaxy note 1 scores around 10200. Samsung galaxy grand duos scores around 7000. LG II p715 is around 7000. Samsung galaxy quattro (with all its quad cores) manages around 11000. Galaxy S3, HTC one x, Xperia SP score around 14000 to 16000 mark. Nexus 4 is around 17500. HTC one and Xperia Z hit 20000+ scores.
2) The battery endurance rating (tested by GSMArena) of Xperia L is 39 hours (i.e. you need to recharge the phone every 39 hours with 1 hour of calls, 1 hour of web browsing and 1 hour of video playback). Talk time is 12:30 hours, web browsing is 6:40 hours. You can get detailed battery results on GSMarena website. These results are quite decent and phone can easily last a day as long as display brightness is set to AUTO.
3) The phone comes equipped with NFC chip. This is quite handy to "beam" files to other NFC-equipped phones. Its a nice to have feature (typically bundled with high end phones). The full potential of NFC is yet to be tapped (e.g. NFC is already being used for mobile payments in US).
4) Camera quality can be good if you learn how to tweak around with some settings such as metering, white balance, focus and HDR. Auto mode is not always optimal. There is loss of texture and sharpness at times (seems like even Xperia Z and Xperia SP suffer from similar problems). SONY claims to use top-notch optics for the camera so issue could be with software. Hoping that future software upgrades will enhance sharpness.
Again, if I am looking for a sub-20k phone, I bet only Galaxy grand camera beats this phone as of date.
5) The phone supports DLNA for media sharing with DLNA-enabled televisions.
6) The audio quality is very crisp and clear.