i like xperia p z series phone awsome rear camera with great camera features.
I've used the phone for 10 days and here's my impression. Looks: Build and design is absolutely gorgeous.. Especially if you're a Sony fan (omnibalance design). Makes anyone take a second look. The frosted glass at the back looks great and attracts very little fingerprints. Fingerprint sensor location is great for right handers.. Bit of an inconvenience for the lefties (don't get me wrong.. I'm a leftie too, it takes a bit getting used to). It is fairly accurate and extremely fast (unlocked 95/100 times tried, unlock time less than half a second). The phone is durable with waterproof and dust proof design. It survived a fall from 3feet without a scratch(though I wouldn't advise against using a protective cover) Voice in calling is great..stereo speakers are fairly good though I missed a few calls while phone was in my pocket. Videos and music played fairly loud and clear Connection wise, it could use LTE signal(4G) wherever possible, extremely fast Internet speeds, even on 3G and 2G (tested on airtel). WiFi connection looked pretty average. No issues with Network connectivity. Bluetooth 4.0 is super fast. NFC is great and hassle free Expandable storage upto 128GB. Reads card fast. Great transfer speeds. Camera Best in class camera. Captures at default 8mp. Photos in good light come out excellent with great color reproduction and accuracy. Pics look vibrant and real. Pics mostly taken is superior auto mode. Manual mode is for those who are really into it. Low light photography is bit tricky. The fast autofocus takes a hit in low light. If your hand is shaky, there considerable amount of visible noise. If kept stable, photos come out fairly good as compared to any other phone is this range. Video recording is superb. 4k recoding gets the phone hot. Display is great at full HD. Great color reproduction, absolutely a treat to watch full HD videos on. Gaming is smooth as butter. No lags ever. Phone does get VERY HOT when you do heavy tasks, gets you a bit concerned but none of my applications crashed because of overheating (it's a problem with snapdragon 810, can't really blame SONY) but thanks to sony's copper heat dissipation build it cools faster and doesn't let it overheat. Battery life isn't very impressive. I'm a heavy user, I need more juice. For an average user, it can go upto 1 and half days easy. Heavy users like me can go upto morning to evening/night max. Stamina mode, ultra saving mode comes in handy. Overall battery 6.5/10. Fast charging is okayish, not out of the world Free goodies with the phone are small perks Bit expensive as compared to the other phones could have been a bit cheaper. But if you have the budget, this is the phone for you.
My favourites while selection were iphones 6s, galaxy s6 edge, g4, one m9 plus.
1) Camera: z5's 23mp produces 100% pure natural colours in daytime. Its photo quality in auto mode is the best for daytime photos. Its wide lens produces very accurate images of objects even 35-40 metres away, as it got lossless image processing tech. I was bit worried the small flash won t help even a bit for night photography. But Z5 produces marvellous images even in too low light (even in 20% of lighting). I compared my friends 6s, s6 with z5, and both can t even match to 50% of this phones quality. This phone is the most best for wildlife photography. Took this phone for my friend s wedding, and a highly reputed photographer from Bangalore who was doing the wedding coverage was amazed at z5 s camera quality after he clicked some pictures. Its 4k recording is beast. Did 10mins of 4k recording with phone getting light warm (not hot). Get some image samples from internet and verify yourself. 10/10
2) Build: Very Premium build. Never compare z5 s build with others. The phone gets warm on heavy usage, because of its tight packaging. It cools off immediately as it got heat pipes and thermal paste applied over processor. 10/10
3) Battery: The phone was discharging very fast after 1st charge. Lasted only one day (may be due to firmware update). On 2nd charge, watched movie for 2.5 hours, listened to music for 4 hours, browsed for around 2 hrs, took around 9-10 snaps with flash and had a talk time of almost 45 mins, But phone had discharged to only 47 %. Battery lasts easily a day even on heavy usage. On slightly above normal usage it lasts 1.5 -2 days. 10/10
4) Colour: I bought graphite black. In image it seems to be dull coloured. But in real, black is awesome. Even gold is awesome.
5) Sound: Phone got dual speaker both at the top and bottom (front of phone). The sound is very crisp and bass effect is good. Due to the speakers, the phone size is bigger.10/10
6) Display: The display is too crisp compared to other phones of same size. And colours are natural (10/10).
7) Performance: Since my first usage, none of the apps ever hanged. Played all high end games, but after playing for around 20mins, the phone gets warm to hot. But it cools down quickly once app is exited. Don t go with benchmarking as this is a 3gb model. 9/10
1) Only while updating phone for the first time, it heats up a lot.
2) Phone gets warm (not hot) on heavy usage.
3) Pricy but not too pricy when taken its feature into consideration. If govt reduces tax the phone might cost less.
Amazing on amazon.in
Following are my observations/views:
1 Dual sim ( dual sim option is rare in High end phones in India) ( i bought because of this)
2 Premium look
3 Heats up (it is made airtight for waterproofing) Software updates may improve heating issues
4 Ringer is not so high. ( in traffic we may miss ringtones) Not an issue
5 Battery lasts for one day only even with 2G network ( may be improved by updates)
6 At software level features are not large as compared to Samsung phones of same level
7 23 MP camera. (It has G Lens) It is not as great. 16 MP cameras from other phones may have good result over this.
8 It has dual sterio speakers ( top and bottom)
9 Sound quality is good.
10 Finger sensor works great. (at present we can not use app lock that uses finger sensor in this phone) However Android 6 (Marshmallow) will have finger sensor in OS. So third party application will be available
I will update my new experiences soon