Affordable and Impressive Netbook
Acer One 10 S1001 2-In-1 Laptop (Nt.G86Si.001) (Intel Atom- 2Gb Ram- 32 Gb Emmc- 25.65 Cm (10.1) Tou
7-10 Working Days
Overall User Rating (3.4 Out of 5 based on 68 ratings)
Overall: First, let me tell you I don't own the Acer S1001 but I have used it for a few hours and I own Asus Transformer T100/iPad and owned the Cain, so I hope I am able to give you some perspectives before you buy. But, remember it s not a long term perspective.
First, this is a beautiful device and probably one of the few apart from the Lenovo Yoga series, which can be used in multiple modes like Notebook, Pad, Display and Tent. However, unlike the Yoga series, the Acer can be detached from the keyboard making it a true tablet. I am just putting down the Good and Bad about this and then a comparison with each device below.
+ Build quality. The Acer has very good Build quality. The keyboard finish is really good.
+ Service network. Acer has good service network compared to Cain.
+ IPS display. The display is HD and a 16:10
+ Intel Atom Quad Core. This processor is more than sufficient for most work unless you do heavy photoshop or gaming.
+ Micro HDMI on tablet. This means you can use it to connect to a TV or monitor at work easily.
- Windows upgrades. With Windows 10 right around, there is no information if the Acer will provide an upgrade
- Bad Webcam. The webcam is 0.3 MP, which is really let down. I would rather liked they removed the back camera and had a better camera in the front.
- RAM is not upgradable. But, that s the case with pretty much all tablets. For the same reason, if you are buying this I would recommend picking up the 2GB model. On my Acer T100 with 2GB RAM I usually have 1.5GB free, which gets used pretty fast if I am multi-tasking
Compared to the Notion Ink Cain
Okay, on the first glance the Acer and Notion Ink are similar priced. But, the devices are really different; the Cain comes with a foldable stand and keyboard, where as the Acer has a detachable keyboard. The screen quality is different as well. Here s the comparison compared to Notion Ink.
Good about Acer compared to Cain
+ Magnetic detachable keyboard. The keyboard is easy to use and has enough key travel. I haven t felt that comfortable with the Cain keyboard. The keyboard is also solidly built.
+ Usable as a laptop. Due to the design of the Cain you cannot use it as a laptop. The folding stand just drops, the Acer has no such problem
+ Service Network. Cain has a questionable service network (if there is one). When I was buying, pretty much all questions sent to the Cain support went un-answered. Acer has a better service network, so you shouldn t have such problems
+ Hard disk. The Cain does not have any Hard disk, Acer does.
+ Replacement Parts. Cain is a small company and therefore it will be difficult to get replacement parts, especially if you drop the tablet etc. Acer with it s service network should be able to quickly fix it.
Bad about Acer compared to Cain
- Cain has USB 3. Acer has USB 2.0. USB 2.0 is a bad idea, if you want faster data transfer or simply want to attach USB displays.
- Smaller Battery. In comparison with Cain the Acer has smaller battery. However, that does not simply mean better battery life. I have not used either for too long to tell you either wise.
- No freebies. Cain comes with free mouse. However, that should never be the criteria for buying a tablet/notebook.
- 3G support. Cain has an ultrastick option for 3G support, which costs an additional Rs.3000. However, you can use a dongle with the Acer.
Do I recommend this tablet? Yes, at the price it is a very good deal. If I didn t want USB 3.0 I would definitely buy one. However, at the moment I am keeping the Asus Transformer T100. If you don t want this in a hurry, I would also recommend waiting for the Asus T100 Chi to see what price it launches at. There are also other companies launching similar options.
I hope this review gives you enough information to make a decision and if it does help please click Yes below, it encourages me to write more reviews.
|Acer Aspire One S1001 (NT.G86SI.001) Netbook (Atom Quad Core/2 GB/32 GB SSD/Windows 8 1)||Price in India|
|Acer One 10 S1001 2-In-1 Laptop (Nt.G86Si.001) (Intel Atom- 2Gb Ram- 32 Gb Emmc- 25.65 Cm (10.1) Tou at Snapdeal||Rs. 16,900|