Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Jul 26, 2016
Release Date: Nov 02, 2012 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
The most affordable iPad
Display and processor
The iPad Mini features a 7.9-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD Capacitive Touch display. It offers a bigger screen size compared to other 7-inch tablets, but is more compact. Weighing 308g, the tablet is only 7.2mm in thickness. It is powered by a dual-core 1GHz Apple A5 processor paired with 1GB RAM. Graphics are taken care of by a PowerVR SGX543MP2 GPU.
For photography, the tablet offers a 5MP rear camera with features like touch to focus, geotagging, face detection and 1080p video recording. The 1.2MP front camera can make FaceTime calls over cellular or WiFi, and can record videos in 720p.
Storage and connectivity
This variant has the lowest internal storage at just 16GB, and there's no microSD card for expansion. However, it includes a SIM card slot for 3G connectivity. Additionally, it supports Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, USB and GPS.
Apple iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular 16GB
4-6 Working Days
Rs. 30,900 Flat Rs. 700 OFF
Flat Rs.700 Off
Apple iPad Mini 16GB (3G + Wifi, Space Grey)
7-10 Working Days
Apple 16GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi and Cellular
Out Of Stock2-4 Working Days
Apple iPad Mini Wi-Fi Cellular (Grey)
Out Of Stock1-7 Working Days
Overall User Rating (4.4 Out of 5 based on 2,186 ratings)
Overall: Instead of repeated praising let me tell you some facts. Hope this will help you chose the right tab - I know a lot of people in India are confused between iPad and android tabs.
1. If you are planning to buy nexus 7 (yes even the new one which launched on 24 july) you can't get the battery backup and apps that apple provides.
2. I opted for a 16gb wifi over nexus 7 32 gb+3G (remember both have the same price point ).
3. Don't just go for the specs as apples 800 MHz processor in iPhone 4 is still runs smooth than the unlimited number of galaxies in the tech world.
4. There are over 3 Lakhs iPad optimised apps in the App Store but when it comes to android there are a few.
5. I agree google did a great job with the nexus series but still it's another 2 years behind apple when it comes to applications (you know what I mean, application in the real meaning - not that junks uploaded by all the android aspirants who make such nonsense apps which even doesn't meet the basic security norms).
6. In my personal opinion there's a big competition in the smart phone field between iOS and android but when it comes to tablets iPad is the real winner.
7. If you are planning to spend 20k or more for a tablet then be it for an iPad and feel the difference .
8. Last but not the least : if you are on budget and only have under 20k to spend then definitely go for android tabs but be it a trusted company like Samsung and plz avoid cheap Chinese tablets which you can find everywhere but you'll regret later; examples are tabs of micromax and other Indian as well as foreign companies
If you have any doubt please feel free to contact me on Facebook at my given name.
Wrote from my iPad :)