Overall User Rating (3.9 Out of 5 based on 8,887 ratings)
Overall: I READ A NO. OF REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING, FOUND NONE OF THEM BEING PERSPECTIVE BUILDING AND DEEP....BOUGHT THE FONE AS A CALCULATED RISK AND FOUND THAT THE FONE DELIVERS TO MY NEEDS.... HERE IS THE COMPLETE REVIEW (ALSO COMPARED WITH YUREKA)
1. battery: drains fast...needs charging everyday unless on standby...standby with wifi on is battery prudent...u see the battery cycle improving. ALMOST SIMILAR TO YUREKA WHICH HAS SLIGHTLY BIGGER BATTERY, BUT A QUADCORE PROCESSOR AND 5.5" DISPLAY...
2. sound: sufficently loud, contrary to wat i read before buying. might not be as loud as others, still serves the purpose of ringtones and watching videos with adequate detail. could be better. sound over headfones s really good. using JBL J56BT and Goji Headfones. YUREKA AND AZ5 HAVE SAME OUTPUT
3. camera: slight shutter lag that was not there in 1.6GHZ model before kitkat update....fotos are clear and detailed. quality suffers in all modes in low light conditions - either too bright or too noisy or dull... pics come out to be plasticky...unreal.. though color saturation and contrasts are not altered (like yureka and redmi) front camera gives u decent enuf pics and the zen ui lets u edit selfies in the required way (YUREKA CAMERA IS NOT EVEN CLOSE)
4. display: beats all displays in same resolution... crisp clear. but auto brightness takes time to get accustomed esp if u are previously using a fone that has higher brightness settings for normal usage. os has no snag. (YUREKA DISPLAY, THOUGH NOT AS CRISP, BEING BIGGER IS MORE APPEALING TO MY TASTES... ESP READING EBOOK/PDF// GAMING)
5. gaming - graphics - pretty decent...dint notice heating in low - mid requirement games...dint install high end games, as i really wont use them. clash of clans, angry birds, subway surfer and shadow fight 2 run smooth. (YUREKA IS A GREAT GAMING FONE, AZ5 IS NO WAY NEAR)
6. multitasking- idle usage after all installations and routene settings (wifi on, auto sync on, dropbox whatsapp etc. on in the background) is around 700 MB, giving u around 1300 MB free... Zenfone has boost function in the dropdown menu (no dedicated task manager, one widget only ) that does the job of killing all apps. (YUREKA S BETTER HERE CZ OF CYANOGEN MOD AND MORE CORES)
7. UI glitches - a couple of time i experienced Wifi Glitche.. fone restarted >> previously stored wifi no longer remembered>> once unable to connect despite numerous efforts.
also experienced a fone hang on the second day when fone was on standby....!!! really shocked...bt worked fine after restart... will try to figure out why and repost in future if i experience same kinda glitch... (YUREKA HAS MORE GLITCHES THAN ZEN UI)
overall - 9/10 score to zenUI, one short cz of the glitches. zen has really worked to deliver a UI that has some great features like letting u install apps directly on sd card, excellent keyboard [CANT DO THAT ON YUREKA ], calling/phone app, zen toolkit,etc,etc,etc.. no bloatware.... music app is well designed too...
in sum total: anyday better than competition devices and all micromax devices. being a worldwide product, u easily get accessories and spares. i ordered a nillkin backcase, and a garmore tampered glass -both of good quality and reasonable price. (YUREKA ACCESSORIES ARENT THAT WELL AVAILABLE AS AZ5)
1. pros: great looks, good price, easy availability of standard accessories, smooth and userfriendly UI even for advanced users, decent camera for its price... good graphics and cpu (LOOKS LIKE A FONE NOT A FABLET/TABLET WHICH YUREKA IS)
2. cons: battery cud be more, wifi glitches, bottom glittering surface is grooved and gets dirty, cud be removed - really useless..makes it bulky,.. buttons cud hav been lit..(YUREKA HAS BACKLIT BUTTONS)
END WORDS: if u are a heavy user, go for a device with more internal storage and higher cpu speed and battery ( redmi note 4g, or yureka in this range), if u savvy great looks, better UI and a well designed machine optimum for moderate usage, go for this... its like a royal enfield...more maintainence, but more elegance and presence.. yureka and redmi notes are just pulars, only plus point being speed (also, they are not dukes any day ;)...if ur planning to use it for moderate calling, whatsapp , fb, music, some reading and browsing and a few games and useful apps, and want a UI that doesnt need 3rd party launchers like go,etc.. buy it, along with a powerful SD card (class 10 or higher) for ur songs and documents... I DINT GO FOR YUREKA CZ: 1. 5 inch display is adquate for me, fits in pockets, and is operable single-handedly... but the main reason was the flash sale model for these chinese devices...i wanted a trusted brand which wud give aftersales services.. i get wht i see ....nothing more nothing less.. (see redmi 1s and xiaomi MI3 reviews, where ppl are shouting for services and support )
LIKE IF IT HELPS...SO THAT OTHERS LIKE U CAN BENEFIT FROM IT TOO..!!