Smart and affordable
Overall User Rating (3.9 Out of 5 based on 40 ratings)
Overall: I havent bought from flipkart(though i m fan of it) as local store offered same price with EMI offer without credit card..
but this review is for fellow buyers
* cost to feature efficiency
* As old as dell(only 5 years younger, 1989 estb).So good service availability.
* Alltech Lansing speakers which provide high sound with good clarity. No need to buy USB portable speakers.
* Glossy finish. clear Display clarity just like HP and samsung and Dell
* Smart gesture keypad
* HD camera. video recording at 640*480 which is good for HQ video calling
* Comparitively slim(only 15.6" models) than other brands in this price range.
* Instant ON in 5 seconds.
** Good battery backup in windows 8. 7 hours on normal office work with minimal brightness. 3-4 hrs on avg brightness watchinng 720p movie.
* No heating issue even after gaming for 3 hours.
* Also installed UBUNTU 13.04. runing v smooth and got 8 hrs back up.
*I run antivirus deep scan (bitdefender), watched 720P video in vlc, 480P youtube video, blogging simutaneously without lagging (Thanx to power gear technology).
SX078D vs SX161D?
* Power efficent than 078D. so goood battery backup.
* 3rd generation dual core.
* But 078D won in gaming. It runs lastest gaming in 720P better than SX161D
* Google search sandybridge vs Ivy bridge and 2nd gen vs 3rd gen for more detailed differences
* Poor gaming. unable to play farcry3 at 720P but smooth in v low resolutions.But played games up to 2010 at 720P smooth.
* Speakers are below.So you have to place lappy so that there should be some space between it and ground.
* Only 2 USB ports, which are adjacent. so unable to manage both USB data card and USB mouse/ pendrive simultaneously. So better buy a slim pendrive along with this lappy.
Conclusion: If you want for all rounder, want good battery backup and not a hardcore gaming fan, blindly go for SX161D. If you are student who plays all the lastest games like CODMW3, FARCRY3,etc @720P go for SX078D. I strongly recommend asus than any other brand in this price range.
Hope my review helpfull