Google released a video that showcases how the Indian mobile consumers have evolved over the time. Google surveyed over 30,000 respondents before compiling this report. Here are some of the findings for India:
* 94% of hundreds of millions of India's urban users use mobile phones. Already 23% of them are smartphone users.
* 4 out of 5 report it's their first smartphone. Among the highest ratios across all countries.
* Android and Symbian are the favourite platforms.
* 97% of Indians user their smartphones @ home. 78% @ work and 80% on the go.
* 99% use their smartphone while consuming other media.
* 77% use their smartphone while listening to music.
* 38% use their smartphone while online with other device.
* 36% use their smartphone while watching tv.
* For Indian smartphone users, the median number of apps is 15. On average, 5 were purchased & 8 has been used in the last 30 days.
* 55% say they notice mobile advertising most or all of the time. Most commonly via search (60%) and via mobile apps (35%)
* 50% of smartphone users have used their smartphone to make a purchase (really?)
* 50% of smartphone users claim they would rather give up their television than their smartphone (just 50%?)
* 50% claim that their smartphone is more entertaining than television.
The video ends saying "India is witnessing a tremendous in surge in smartphone adoption and usage. This is just the beginning. "
Smartphones have become a necessity in today's digital age. Be it browsing the web or connecting with you...