Qualcomm rolled two new versions of Snapdragon system-on-chip couple of days ago. These third-generation new chipsets are based on 28n process. The chipsets carry dual-core scorpian CPU with 1.2Ghz Frequencies each. This new chipset offers five times better performance than the predecessors at 75% lower power. That's a great improvement. Smartphones have better processors at lower power requirements! In addition the chipset has some nice in-built stuff. It has an in-built multi-mode modem that can support both LTE as well as 3G. The chipset can offer better graphics.
Features of MSM8260 and MSM8660 chipsets:
* Scorpion asynchronous dual-CPU cores, up to 1.2GHz for faster response and processing
* Integrated 3G mobile broadband connectivity
* MSM8260 support for HSPA+ networks up to 14 Mbps downloads and 5.6 Mbps uploads as well as GSM, GPRS and EDGE
* MSM8660 support for HSPA+ networks up to 14.4 Mbps downloads and 5.76 Mbps as well as CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel A/B, GSM, GPRS and EDGE
* High-definition (1080p) video recording and playback up to 30 frames per second
* High-performance GPU up to 88M triangles/sec and 532M 3D pixels/sec and dedicated 3D/2D acceleration engines for Open GLES 2.0 and Open VG 1.1 acceleration
* High-resolution WXGA (1280x800) display support
* 16-megapixel camera support
* Built-in eighth-generation gps engine with Standalone-GPS and Assisted-GPS modes
* Support for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
* Support for mobile broadcast TV (MediaFLO, DVB-H and ISDB-T)
* Support for Android, Brew Mobile Platform and Windows Phone
Smartphones have become a necessity in today's digital age. Be it browsing the web or connecting with you...