Cyber Media Research has released a report about the Mobile phone sales in India for the year 2011. The highlights of the report are below:
* Total of 183 million (18.3 crore) handsets were sold in the year 2011 in India.
* Total of 17 million handses were sold in the month of December 2011.
* Total of 11.2 million smartphones were sold in India in the year 2011. The smartphone segment registered a year-on-year growth of 87%
* The top 3 vendors are Nokia (31% marketshare), Samsung (15% marketshare) and Micromax (5% marketshare)
* The top 3 smartphone vendors are Nokia (38% marketshare), Samsung (28% marketshare) and RIM (15% marketshare). Blackberry has lost the 2nd position to Samsung.
* Multi-SIM handsets accounted for 57% of total mobile handset sales.
* Total of 18 million 3G handsets were sold in India in the year 2011. It’s worthwhile to note that there are 15 million active 3G subscribers in India as on December 2011!
Table 1. India monthly mobile handset shipments (millions of units), CY 2011
|Device Type||CY 2010||CY 2011||YoY Growth|
Table 2. Indian Mobile handsets Market: Share of Leading vendors in Smartphones
|Vendor Name||CY 2010||Rank in 2010||CY 2011||Rank in 2011|
Table 3: Indian Mobile handsets Market: Shares of leading vendors in Multi-SIM Mobile handsets
|Vendor Name||CY 2010||Rank in 2010||Vendor Name||CY 2011||Rank in 2011|
Table 4: Indian Mobile handsets Market: Shares of leading vendors in 3G Mobile handsets
|Vendor Name||CY 2010||Vendor Name||CY 2011|
Smartphones have become a necessity in today's digital age. Be it browsing the web or connecting with you...