By now, most of you would have heard about Tata Docomo's new product called 3G WiFi Hub. This product basically shares the 3G internet access to 5 other wi-fi enabled devices. If you have Tata Docomo 3G Connection or Tata Photon Plus Broadband connection, you can just slip in your SIM Card into this WiFi Hub device, and you can share your internet connection with 5 other wi-fi enabled devices at once. The device can work as stand-alone and is powered by 1500 mAH battery offering your 4 hours of connectivity. This devices are also called Portable Wireless Router, MiFi Routers
This device is manufactured by ZTE and is codenamed AC30. The same device is being sold by Verizon in US under the codename "FiveSpot". The highlights of this product are:
- Works with both Tata Docomo 3G (7.2 mbps download speed & 5.76 mbps upload speed) and Tata Photo Plus (3.1 mbps download speed, 1.8 mbps upload speed)
- 1500 mAH battery providing 1000 hours of standby and 4 hours working.
- Works with both Windows and Mac.
- Works both in USB Mode and Wi-Fi Mode
- Supports Wi-Fi standards 802.11 b/g
- Supports Wi-Fi Security standards WEP/WPA/WPA2
The details of configuring and using the device is providing in the attached user guide . The configuration is much similar to configuring your wifi router.
The device is priced at Rs. 5,999. Tata Docomo 3G Wifi Hub is much similar to Vodafone's MiFi.
Smartphones have become a necessity in today's digital age. Be it browsing the web or connecting with you...