The Sony Xperia Z is the company’s flagship device for the year and has some truly amazing specifications with which Sony has outdone itself. The device was launched at the CES 2013 and caused quite a stir among tech enthusiasts.
The device has some truly amazing features that have not been seen on any other devices before the best of which being its strong body that is impervious to damage of most kinds. Besides its fabulous price for a device with such above par features, we take a look at the top 10 reasons to pick the Sony Xperia Z.
1. The OmniBalance Design: Sony has adopted the OmniBalance design style with the Xperia Z which creates a balance and symmetry throughout the device. Its smooth and reflective surface is made with glass fibre polyamide, a material that is used in cars as a substitute to metals. The front and back of the device is covered in a shatterproof glass.
2. Ultraslim: The device has an ultra slim body that makes it easy to hold with a width of mere 7.9mm. The Ultraslim design also lends to better touch sensitivity as the display is closer to the lens.
3. Water & Dust Resistance: The Xperia Z’s best feature is its water and dust resistant capabilities. Its sturdy body also holds a shatterproof structure. The device is ideal for all those with butterfingers who have lost their devices to puddles and splashes.
4. Full HD Touchscreen: Sony has aced the art of providing excellent display with all its devices. The 1080 pixels resolution coupled with Sony’s Mobile Bravia Engine 2 offers the best viewing angles with superb color display and perfectly sharp images.
5. OptiContrast & Direct Touch: This design for the display ensures less reflections and unobstructed viewing even in bright sunlight. The touch experience on the device is very intuitive and smooth.
6. The Camera: The device has a 13 MP rear camera coupled with the Exmor RS image sensor with HDR (High Dynamic Range) video recording capabilities. This technology will let you shoot great images and videos even in front of windows or with the sun behind your subject.
7. The CPU & GPU: The device has a 1.5GHz processor and an Adreno 320 graphics card coupled with 2GB of RAM which is an incredible combination for high speed, seamless browsing, multitasking, playing high quality games and viewing videos.
8. One Touch Connect: The device is NFC enabled with which you can connect with other NFC devices with just a tap. You can send files to music players, television, and other devices to play your multimedia files. Also, the device opens the right application on connection of different accessories, so headphones plugged in means the music player will open and so on.
9. The Music Player: Sony excels on its media player with all its devices. This time its Walkman music player has been enhanced with the SenseMe mode where you can sort tracks as per your moods, receive music and artist info from Gracenote and many more settings to optimize your experience.
10. STAMINA Mode for Battery: On enabling the STAMINA mode you can improve the battery life significantly by turning the display off when not in use, disabling the Wi-Fi and data traffic and also blocking unnecessary notifications as per your preferences.
The Sony Xperia Z is a great device that more than matches up to the users requirements for a handset that is sturdy, entertaining, looks great and performs all the tasks effortlessly. The HD screen viewing experience is incomparable. It might not match up to the biggies such as Nokia Lumia 920, HTC One or the Samsung Galaxy S4, but at its price, the device cannot be overlooked as the features are at par with most of high end devices.
With Christmas just around the corner, if you were planning to upgrade your ageing smartphone or b...