When it comes to buy a CDMA handset, you get a very limited number of mobiles in comparison to GSM. It’s even worse if you want to buy a CDMA Android mobile, available option can be counted on fingers.
The World is opting for Android Smartphones as these offer you a great world of entertainment and work on the go. Being on CDMA network makes it a bit tough to go smart. To ease up your research, here is our collection of 5 Best CDMA Android Smartphones, which lets you go Android without shifting to the GSM network.
Best CDMA Android phones India
1. Samsung Galaxy Y CDMA – Rs 7099
Let’s start with most affordable CDMA Android phone first. This is the CDMA variant of widely popular entry level Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy Y. Both GSM and CDMA variants have been sold in great numbers.
However, it comes with pretty basic specifications and is recommended only if you want to go Android without spending a lot.
Samsung Galaxy Y CDMA variant key features:
- 3 inch TFT Capacitive Touch Screen
- 600 MHz Processor,
- Android v2.3 Gingerbread OS
- 2 Mega Pixels Rear Camera
- 140 MB of Internal Storage, Expandable up to 32 GB
- 1200mAH battery
2. Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (CDMA + GSM) – Rs 11279
- Outdates OS
- No front camera
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos doesn’t only come with a better set of specification, but also with an option to carry an additional GSM SIM along with. However, CDMA+GSM variant of Galaxy Ace Duos carries only a 3.2 Mega pixel camera against the GSM + GSM variant which comes with a 5 Mega Pixels camera.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos (CDMA + GSM) key features:
- 3.5 inches HVGA TFT Capacitive Touch Screen
- 800 MHz Processor, 512 MB RAM
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 3.2 Mega Pixels Rear Autofocus Camera
- GSM+CDMA Android Phone
- 150 MB Internal Memory, Expandable
- 1650mAh Battery
3. HTC Desire XC: Rs 15848
- Outdated OS
- No front camera
If these tiny basic Android phones are not your thing, consider HTC Desire XC. This mid-range CDMA Android smartphone comes with a decent set of specifications. It packs everything you would expect in a mid-range Android smartphone except a front camera.
HTC Desire XC Key features:
4. HTC Desire 600c: Rs 27541
- 4 inch WVGA Super LCD display
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 1GHz dual-core processor, 768MB RAM
- 5MP rear camera
- 4GB inbuilt storage, expandable up to 32GB
- 1650 mAH battery
None of the Android CDMA phones listed above comes with a front camera. Though a front camera could not be your primary requirement, as video calling hasn’t gone popular in India yet, but comes handy at times.
Other features of HTC Desire 600c are also high end. You feel like having a premium mobile phone in your pocket.
HTC Desire 600c Key features
- 4.5 inches Super LCD2 Capacitive Touchscreen
- Android v4.1.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Quad core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor, Adreno 203 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 8MP primary camera, 1.6MP secondary camera
- 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB port, 3G, NFC
- 1860 mAh Li-Ion battery
5. HTC One Dual SIM 802D: Rs 43999
- Display resolution not HD
Want to go for a flagship device? HTC One Dual SIM 802D could be your choice. It is the only Android phone to support both 3G and EVDO high speed networks. The specifications are simply mind blowing and you will fall in love with this phone every time you use it.
HTC One (CDMA or GSM + GSM) variant key features:
- 4.7 inch, Super LCD 3 Display
- Android 4.2. Jelly Bean
- 4MP Ultra Pixel camera, 2MP front camera
- 1.7 GHz Quad core Krait processor, Adreno 320, 2GB Ram
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 32GB
- 3G, EVDO, Wi-Fi, GPS, Micro USB, Mobile hotspot
- 2300 mAH battery
All these CDMA Android phones are network independent and can be used with any CDMA service provider in India.