Budget laptop for basic purposes
Overall User Rating (3 Out of 5 based on 4 ratings)
DO NOT BUY this laptop. One of the worst laptops the market has for its exorbitant price. Instead buy a inbuilt windows OS laptop. Quality of the product is very very poor. I recently installed genuine version of windows 7 and I'm repenting for running it on this crappy laptop. I'll list out some of the major disadvantages:
1. The keyboard is all messed up. I'm surprised dell is making vintage laptops with its keyboard layout missing basic direct keys instead need you to hold FN key for using Home, Pg_DN_ Pg_UP and End buttons.
2. Its still running windows celeron 1.4GHz (Rating is 1 - You can imagine its performance) processor which I was using 10 years ago on my desktop.
3. Keyboard behaves crazy which does a different action from the key that was pressed. I cant blame windows, since I'm using windows 7 at office too for the past 3 years and I haven't faced any problem.
4. Poor configuration to handle complex applications these days.
5. If you think its value for money, you are mistaken. I paid 5k for windows 7 + 22,390 for the laptop; for the same price I would have got a lot better laptop.
6. Touch pad doesnt work properly. Right click never works and always works as left click.
7. For someone like me who works on a laptop 12 hours a day, this is a pain.
Good luck with your purchase!