Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Sep 30, 2016
Release Date: Jul 27, 2015 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
Power to do more
Gionee Pioneer P2M 16GB
7-10 Working Days
Gionee Pioneer P2m
4-6 Working Days
Gionee Pioneer P2M GSM (Dual SIM) (Pristine White)
Out Of Stock1-7 Working Days
Overall User Rating (3.9 Out of 5 based on 60 ratings)
Overall: Pros: 1) 4 inch screen so for all those who don't want to feel like they are holding a brick to their ear each time they call, this size is ideal!
2) Par excellent battery life
3) Overall specs for the price are good; has Android Lollipop in it.
1) Someone mentioned in another review the the Call App crashed each time the loudspeaker option is turned on. I faced the same issue; was told to take it to their store to get it fixed. I just chose to upgrade the application while connected on Wifi and that seemed to solve my problem. But it is strange that such an error should come up in the first place. Shows that the UI is not thoroughly tested!
2) Worst problem I am facing is that each time I am browsing an app like Gmail or LinkedIn or say browsing the news on Economic Times, the particular app just reboots and goes off the page I am currently on. While the phone does not reboot, the app itself goes back to a previous page for no rhyme or reason. Has resulted in me having to keep hitting the save draft button each time I am keying in an email. Will try to see if this problem goes away after trying another upgrade.
3) Front camera is horrible... equivalent camera in my earlier Panasonic T11 phone had much better clarity.
4) Sound quality could have been better.
5) Data connectivity is sketchy.
6) The power on/off button on the right side tends to be depressed while speaking and has resulted in calls getting disconnected a few times. Should have been on the top of the phone. Perhaps there is a way to set such that call does not get disconnected even if the button is pressed, but then maybe I have not figured it out yet.
7) SARS value is also quite high for the phone, hence better to use earphone than holding it close to the ear.
8) Weight of the phone is higher.
Overall, just an OK low cost phone, which seems to have high specs but which does not deliver as expected..