Overall User Rating (3.5 Out of 5 based on 13 ratings)
Overall: I purchased this laptop just because it looked like a MacBook Pro. I am using a MacBook Pro 13 inch for the past 4 years WITHOUT ANY SINGLE PROBLEM.
Somehow I feel that buying this laptop is a mistake. This product cannot be compared to any Mac.
(1) Screen resolution.
(2) Touchscreen excellent response.
(3) Looks similar to MacBook Pro.
(4) Good configuration
(1) The base gets deformed by 1mm when the screen is opened. I checked this by putting the laptop on a perfect flat surface. When the screen is opened, I could see that left front corner of the laptop base does not touch the flat surface.
(2) Screen colors (because it not a pure LED, the color shades are dull in some angles.
(3) Back-lit of keys is too bright. It irritates during night while working.
(4) There is a serious issue with the touch pad, the courser is jumpy. It is not precise. You can check other review sites for touch pad feedback for Envy Series. For those who work using Touch Pad most of the time this laptop is a NO NO.
(5) Speed is not as expected.
(6) Specs say that battery capacity is 11.5 hr. But when I checked, it worked only for 5.5 hr which is also sufficient in most working conditions.
(7) Length of the power cable is not sufficient enough. It would be good if the cable is 1m more long.
I called HP service regarding the issue with the Touch Pad the second day of purchase. I did not install any software. Believe me, phone support person asked me to re-install the OS with the recovery program, even after I said that I did not install and new applications and it is only 2nd day of purchase. After re-installing the OS I called back the HP service guys and they said they are sending a service person with in 3 days with a new Touch Pad, but no one turned up after the 4th day also.
Overall I am disappointed buying this laptop. I do not recommend buying this product at this price if touchpad issue is not solved. Frequent travelers will have issues with the touchpad.
Before you buy this laptop, I recommend the buyers to see a demo or check the showcase in any showroom.