Powerful enough to handle everything
Overall User Rating (4.4 Out of 5 based on 118 ratings)
Overall: These three words describe the laptop aptly.
I have bought this product from a local dealer and so far, these are my observations:
1. If looks can kill, be prepared to die as this has got the looks of a Macbook (Leaving aside the black bezel)
2. Core i3 4010U (Ultra Low Voltage) processor with 1.7GHz may sound weak in these times but it can perform 7% more efficiently than a better clocked core i5 3rd Gen. Both in terms of peak performance as well as power savings.
3. 4GB RAM is adequate for me but for the puritans, you get to go with another 4 gigs if so required.
4. Battery backup is more than 4 hours, take my word for it.
5. 2 Gigs of AMD 8670M can effectively handle most of todays graphics intensive applications and games (though dont expect it to be a gaming rig).
6. The keyboard is quite comfortable and ergonomically designed, however if the backspace key was a tad larger, it would have been better for me.
7. The display consists of a 15.6 inch HD LED display which is quite good.
8. Windows 8.1 is far better than Windows 8, use it to believe it (i was quite critical about this new OS of Microsoft until now).
9. No heating problem whatsoever unless you are really abusing it with continuous gaming and all, thanks to HP CoolSense.
10. Sound could have been a bit louder, nevertheless the quality has a premium feel to it.
11. The other thing which could have been better is the trackpad which at times seem to be unresponsive and at times over responsive. Also, the click buttons are quite hard to press, wished those were softer.
12. I have not been able to configure the air gesture support which HP said has been equipped in the laptop.
Overall, i would definitely say, HP has done it again to hold its place in the market.