Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Feb 09, 2016
Release Date: Feb 21, 2014 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
The extra large phablet from HP
HP Slate 6
Usually Delivered in 4-5 business days
HP Slate 6 Voice Tab (16GB,WiFi, 3G, Voice Calling), Graphite
2-10 Working Days
HP Slate6 VoiceTab
4-8 Working Days
HP Slate 6 VoiceTab
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (3.5 Out of 5 based on 720 ratings)
Had purchased this Awesome device on June 10, 2014 and the delivery was bang on!!! After using the device for a week s time I take this opportunity to comment on the device functioning.
I am an existing Samsung user (Note II) and wanted a dual sim phone as secondary device with good battery life (minimum 3000 mAh), tried exploring many devices and shortlisted this device taking well into consideration that this device is with Marvell chipset and not Mediatek (unlike used in brands like Micromax, Karbonn, Sony, etc.) following are my views on the device.
1) The device appearance is excellent, gives a premium feeling. The device size is 6 inches and one needs to get hands on which happens within few days.
2) The display clarity is good and video watching is a pleasure on the device.
3) Battery life is very good, it gave me almost 48 hours of battery back on 2G and 24 hours on 3G.
4) The camera is decent in day light and below average during night. (although I haven t used it much as already have a better MP phone with me)
5) The usable storage is around 12 GB out of 16 GB which is quite impressive.
6) The RAM usage is also quite less with applications installed it is always around 500 600 MB consumed, which is quite impressive than my existing Samsung Note II which is always around 1. 7 GB occupied)
Here comes the problematic part of the device.
1) When 3G sim is inserted, the device tend to lose connectivity on both the sim cards and you are left with no option but to restart the phone and only then the network resumes back. This happened quite often for me around 3 4 times in a single day which is more annoying. The device works fine with 2G sim, and there s no need for restarting the phone.
2) When you receive voice call, the device loses Data connectivity irrespective of either the sim cards and only resumes once the call gets disconnected.
3) I had installed Truecaller (to avoid receiving unnecessary calls) but the application never opened in the device, neither before the call nor after the call which is disappointing. (tried reinstalling the software but with no positive result)
I had no option but to return the device as the intention of purchasing the device was defeated and the hunt for new device has already started for me.
If the above problems faced by me are not a hassle then the device is worth buying.
Hope this review helps in taking a right decision before purchasing this device.