Updated on:Jul 26, 2016
Official Website:Click here
Smart mobile got smarter with 5-inch, Jelly Bean
Display & configuration:
The new Huawei Ascend G700 sports a 5-inch HD display with 1280*780 pixels and 293.1 ppi which gives quite a pleasurable feel to the user and the videos and images can be enjoyed more vividly. The cell phone is well equipped with 2GB RAM MediaTek MT6589 chipset Quad-core1.2GHz, PowerVR SXG544 GPU which makes the cell phone quite formidable when compared to its kind in the market.
Camera & memory:
The cell phone equipped with a 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel camera for video calling and web chatting, the front camera is quite enough to bring moments alive and produce real life like experience. Autofocus, LED flash, HDR, geotagging and video calling are some of the general features which you will experience with the camera. The cell phone has super storage facilities with the external memory ranging up to 32GB.
Connectivity & Battery:
The phone contains connectivity facilities as GPRS EDGE, Bluetooth, WIFI, WIFI hotspots, and with the Android v4.2.1 OS (Jellybean) being a higher grade of the android, applications can be enjoyed bit more vividly.
The new Huawei Ascend G700 is a well designed cell phone meeting all the needs of the of the present age including the people hungry for application games and even business people who would need to keep track of their assignments and the and the organizer feature of the phone would serve them just right.
Huawei Ascend G700
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (4.5 Out of 5 based on 169 ratings)
Overall: I got this phone via flipkart about 2 months ago and tested this to the max and hence am writing this review.
Firstly, huawei is a very famous brand outside of india. so please dont be misguided by wrong info.
When i bought this , i had thoughts of going for the following.
1) micromax canvas turbo or lower canvas series.
2) any samsung below 20k
3)nexus4 in india which is around 21k
I read reviews and have used all the phones and personally feel that this is the best.
Note - NOT FULL HD SCREEN.
So on comparison i found no sony or samsung could equal this phones specs in this price range. so all those were removed.
so micromax vs huawei vs nexus.
nexus 4 is 21 and nexus 5 is 29k.
personally nexus 5 can be compared to this phone and even then this phone has a bigger display. touch is the same in nexus and this phone.
so nexus 4 was off the charts.
NOTE - if you know anyone coming in from the USA , ask them to get nexus 5 as its only 20k there and only that can out perform this phone in this price range.
micromax vs huawei
compared to micromax, this company has dedicated service centers in all major cities.
MICROMAX ( although am a great fan of it) does not have and we need to go to third party service centers .
check the huawei website which will tell you where the service centers in india are.
plus the phone has an app , huawei care which has all the numbers and customer care stored in it.
i havent used those numbers and i guess i wont be needing them either.
compared to the canvas turbo, the battery can be removed. and is a few thousand lesser.
5 reasons to chose huawei over micromax turbo-
1. service centers
2. removable battery and upgradable memory. ( i dont like putting all files into the phone memory)
4. touch is smoother and better and inbuilt swipe keyboard(i love this)
5. better battery life(last a day with heavy usage)
2 reasons why turbo would be better
1. full hd .
2. lots of custom products available for micromax like designer back panel and super trendy case.( for huawei you need to order those from ebay and there is limited variants)
with this pros and cons i picked the huawei over micromax and i dont regret the decision.
So now to the phone -
1) comes in a small box
2) has a glossy scratch guard.(better to buy a matte one)
3) amazing music quality. equals my itouch when i listen to songs in good headphones.
4)awesome front and back camera.
(although turbo flaunts a 13mp camera, it only equals the quality of this 8mp cam)
5) HD video rec is awesome.
6) can play hd videos in the phone .
7) big screen
8) superb battery life ( 1 whole day of max usage)
9) thin and light.
10) inbuilt swipe keyboard :D
11) tested minion, temple run and revolt. works fine . no glitches. and even while playing have around 800mb ram free (awesome :D )
12) easy to multitask. can have about ten tabs on chrome, whatsapp , fb and all apps open you can switch from one app to the other seamlessly. very effective.
13)big screen. easy for fb. checking and sending mails and surfing the net.
huawei interface. its not androidish. its different. not sure if i like it or not .
1. no full hd screen
2. bad head phones in the box.
3. speakers is not very loud .
4. not many customizing options available(back panel and all that.
go to ebay and order a scratch guard. 3 scratch guard matte for 499.
order a back panel from ebay . around 300rs.
thats all the customization it has :( .
all in all , best phone in and under 15k.
best competition is mm turbo. think about the comparison i put up and decide.