Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Feb 12, 2016
Release Date: Oct 30, 2013 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
Affordable yet powerful Android phone
Display, OS and configuration
Lava XOLO A500S IPS has a 4.0 inch, 480x800 pixels, IPS LCD, 16M colors touch screen. The device runs on Android v4.2 Jelly Bean operating system. Lava has powered this device with 1.5GHz Dual core processor and 512MB of RAM.
Camera and storage
The device has a 5MP rear camera with digital zoom and 0.3 front camera. It is a very affordable touchscreen phone, with a lot of splendid features. It comes with 4GB of internal storage with option to add further 32GB if required.
Connectivity, Battery, Other features
Lava XOLO A500S IPS has numerous other overwhelming features to attract its users such as 3G, Calculator, World clock, Calendar, Alarm, FM, v3.0 Bluetooth, A-GPS, Wifi, GPRS and a lot more. However, the battery is mediocre at 1400mAH battery that gives upto 10 hours of talk time.
Lava XOLO A500S IPS is a budget friendly device that has a lot of strong and attractive features, but with a mediocre battery backup. An affordable price makes it a worth buy for all young generation.
Xolo A500s IPS (Red)
2-10 Working Days
XOLO A500S IPS Black
4-6 Working Days
Rs. 5,000 Flat Rs. 300 OFF
Get 10% off maximum upto Rs. 300/-
XOLO A500S IPS (Green)
Out Of Stock2-4 Working Days
Xolo A500s-IPS Dual SIM Android Mobile Phone
Out Of Stock4-5 Working Days
Xolo A500s IPS
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (3.9 Out of 5 based on 2038 ratings)
Overall: I face an issue that proximity sensor turns on and never gets inactivated and have to turn off and turn on handset. So I found the Indiranagar service center (Bangalore) and found such disastrous service. When I called them for about 30 times before they had always answered the phone but never heard anything, as there was a lot of noice from background. Thinking its an issue with my phone, I walked in directly to discover some pathetic facts of their GREAT SERVICE.
There is no If's and But's to track any problems in Xolo customer service. True facts I discovered when I visited Indiranagar Xolo service center :-
* Phone rings, they receive the call and dont talk and just keep it like that.
* No one user who is visiting is happy about the service offered.
* One lady was complaining that she had a battery problem and for the 6th month when she came, service person is mentioning, there is no stock, please go to Rajajinagar branch. She shouted at the top of her voice why he did not tell her when she handed over 6month back.
* There were 30 - 40 people who have handed the phone and had not been serviced atleast for 3 months in minimum.
* Now when I visit the center, executive mentions, "Sir, today irate customers are too much. Can you please come after 1 week?" I asked him if I had a free auto filled with petrol serviced by Xolo?
* They did mention the issue resolution may take 3 months as they have to ship it to Noida for service and shipping days extra.
* One person came and snatched a phone and went off saying repair my phone which is lying with you for 6 months and all 40 users were supporting him, which was a hilarious scene!
My bought phone is working only that I cant hold it to my ears to talk and now either use a headset/Bluetooth/speaker to call experiencing this pathetic service.
Trust me guys, you lose your money and get frustrated if any issue is seen with your phone and has to go for repair! Never ever buy any other Xolo phone