Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Feb 13, 2016
Release Date: Oct 18, 2013 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
Phablet with the right combination of looks and muscle
Display and Configuration
Lenovo's new phablet sports a 5.5 inches qHD (540 x 960 pixels resolution) IPS LCD display, which comes with 16M colour depth for a breathtaking visual experience. The configuration is equally good, with Lenovo providing the device with a 1300MHz Quad-core processor and 1GB of RAM for smooth performance. The device is also suited for gamers, since it comes with a PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU.
Camera and Storage
Those loving photography will not be disappointed with the picture quality of the 5MP rear camera, which comes with LED flash, while those wanting to video chat, use Skype, etc, can make use of the 0.3MP front camera. Storage is consists of 4GB internal memory, which can be expanded using microSD card up to a limit of 32GB.
Connectivity and Battery
Lenovo has once again shown its capability of coming out with an innovative product with excellent specs such as a good display, the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS, good processing power and equally good connectivity. Internal storage is the only field in which this device does not shine, but that can be mitigated using microSD card. In fact, considering the great specs it otherwise has, this phone can be recommended for anyone wanting a phablet with the right mix of display and power.
NEW LENOVO A850 ANDROID DUAL SIM (GSM+GSM) MOBILE WITH 1GB RAM @ LOWEST PRICE.
1-3 working days
Lenovo A850 (White, 4 GB)
2-4 Working Days
Lenovo A850 (Black)
2-10 Working Days
Lenovo A850 Black
4-6 Working Days
Rs. 12,870 Flat Rs. 700 OFF
Flat Rs.700 Off
Lenovo A850 White
7-10 Working Days
Get 5% cash back (max Rs 500 per month) on HDFC debit card
4 hours delivery
Lenovo S850 (Blue)
2-3 Working Days
Lenovo A850 White
Out Of Stock3-5 Working Days
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (4 Out of 5 based on 440 ratings)
Overall: I purchased this product a couple of days back from a local shop in the exchange for my previous Galaxy Nexus, which i had to change because of the battery backup. I had to stick to a tight budget of 15k so i brought this piece and so far I am really happy with it.
The pros and cons are as follow:
1) The looks of the phone are very good.
2) The built quality is superb, overall the looks and the built makes it a premium device, so no doubt there.
3) The screen is big i.e 5.5 inches. Surprisingly big for this price range.
4) The Mediatek MTK 6582M at 1.3 GHz performs too good. Beats all phones in below 20k range and some above 20k too, for eg: like Galaxy Grand(both), Mega 5.8, Sony Xperia C etc and i guess it equals Xperia SP. Mediatek MTK 6582M performs better than MTK 6589 and even MTK 6589T and hence beats all Mediatek powered local brand phones.
5) Benchmarks: Antutu - ( 17,100), Quadrant - (6001) and Nenamark - (full 60fps) which is amazing.
6) GPU is Mali-400MP2 which is certainly better than Power VR SGX544 which is almost in all local mediatek powered phones.
6) RAM is 1 GB out of which you get 972 MB usable which is excellent. There is well more than 600 MB RAM free before installing apps.
7) Dual sim.
8) Sound is very loud and good. Not excellently clear but very load and reasonably clear and definitely audible.
9) In-call volume and clarity is good.
10) Music quality in my headphones is good. I haven't tested the stock headphones.
11) Comes with android 4.2.2 installed.
12) Memory can be expanded to 32 GB via micro sd card.
13) Nice and clearly visible notification LED.
14) Lenovo launcher is highly customizable.
15) Pricing is very very good.
1) Battery is good but not excellent. I feel Lenovo made a mistake by giving only 2250 mAh battery to power such a huge screen. It should have been atleast 2500 mAh; but nonetheless it still gives me a good 24 hours of battery life with 3G always on and mild - moderate usage. Should definitely last u through workday hours i.e from morning 10 to evening 8 or something with moderate usage. Ultimately this depends on user to user. One can use the provided Lenovo power app to maximize the battery life.
2) The speaker's loudness sometimes tears the voice.
3) The speaker at times gets covered by surfaces and blocks the sound. I would blame the design of the phones for this.
4) Awkward positioning of buttons. Power button on top and volume button on the right.
5) Its fairly long time since 4.3 has released Lenovo should give it out to its customers now. This should have come with it.
1) Camera is not good at all. Lens is not upto the mark. Bad decision of giving only 5mp of camera in these days..seriously who gives 5mp of camera nowadays!? Front camera is just VGA. Should haven been atleast 8mp rear and 1.3 mp on the front.
2) Too big, Its very very big. A screen of 5 inches or even 5.3 inches like that of S920 would have been better.
3) Resolution is bad for this screen size. As is said in the previous point a screen of 5 inches with this resolution would have been better.
4) Internal memory is just 4 GB out of which you get 2.07 GB for use. I don't like this trend of giving just 4 GB of internal memory. Its too less for installing apps. Moreover you can't transfer apps to your sd card, so you are stuck with 2.07 GB of space for apps unless you root. Should have been atleast 8 GB of internal storage.
5) No Gorilla glass.
Deducting one star for battery capacity and all cons.
A nice tight budget phone with hefty performance and reasonably good battery life(which could have been better). If you are on a budget of less than 17k then you should definitely close your eyes and go for it. For brand freaks, Lenovo is a good reputable brand which you can trust on.