Fantastic mid budget laptop
Overall User Rating (4.3 Out of 5 based on 262 ratings)
Overall: As someone said earlier, the specs look pretty attractive; but are they really upto the mark??
First of all, I didn't buy this system; but my friend has bought this from a local retailer...
Now, making it short, here are the PROs and CONs:
--- PROs ---
1. CPU_3rd Gen_i5 (Smooth and well-perfomer at multi-tasking)
2. B75 Express Chipset ( Business class Chipset with Intel Anti-Theft Technology in BIOS)
3. 8 GiB RAM ( with one unused slot, to count )
4. 1 TB HDD ( 5400 rpm is slower as it is less power-consuming )
5. DOLBY Audio Enhancer
6. 3 Years Warranty ( Lenovo Service centers are easily available)
7. The PRICE TAG (40k bucks are good deal for gaming systems)
1. B75 chipset cannot be overclocked ( A drawback for hardcore gamers, who actually know about OverClocking )
2. Free DOS ( Which means NO RECOVERY DRIVE from the manufacturer, in the cases when u need to factory reset!
This is a major disadvantage, although most people don't know it and say that Free DOS can be customized any way u want !!! )
3. HD LED Display ( I doubt if it's LED, poor colour output, no enhancement options for the RGB mixture; also the view-angles and sunlight readability is bad)
4. Nvidia GT 720M ( It is based on the same old Fermi architecture and almost similar to GT 635M GPU and does not support SLI. To say in some familiar words, I had around 18-22 fps while playing Battlefield 3 or MoH-Warfighter at high settings and was irritated while playing Crysis 3 at high settings...irritated due to bloody 13 fps max.) :O
I included this in CONs because I think they could have provided a GT 630M instead and with about 2k bucks reduced!!
5. Poor Mousepad/Pointing Device ( Low sensitivity )
Besides these the Design of system looks very common ( just too much of simplicity ), the texture finish and keyboard are however attractive and fun to play with.
The final decision has to be yours ofcourse, but I would suggest you to go for an ASUS K55 series system which has similar specs; yet greater performance.
And for your guidance, know that the motherboards and graphic-cards/GPUs are developed by ASUS and used by companies such as DELL, HP, Samsung. etc..except ALIENWARE ofc ) :P
**Not all the models of K55 series are shown on Flippy or on Asus website, so better to consult a local retailer**