A great buy in this price range and loaded wi
04 Jan 2012
Reviewed On: flipkart.com
Overall: LG Optimus Hub is a fully loaded Android 2.3.4 phone with
some pretty cool features. It has all the usual stuff - 800
MHz Processor, Adreno 200 Gfx, 3G, WiFi, GPS, Market etc.
etc. The touch UI and interface is pretty clean, smooth,
and responsive. Games play well and the accelerometer
functioning is excellent. All other features work
brilliantly. Other competing models in this price range are
- Samsung Galaxy Ace (comes with Android 2.2 and has to be
upgraded), HTC Wildfire S, Motorola Fire Xt and Sony
Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i. Pros (over competing models)
1. Gorilla glass! Don't think any other model offers it in
this price range.
2. Wifi Cast. This allows you to share files with other Wifi enabled mobiles without needing a Wifi hub, at amazing speeds. This is gonna replace bluetooth very soon.
3. 1500 mAh battery
4. Bluetooth v3
5. DivX and Xvid
6. 2 back covers
1. No LED flash. This is the biggest drawback!! It's an issue that will work against this model. Dunno why LG couldn't give it a flash. It's criminal!
2. No FF camera.
3. 3.6 Mbps HSDPA
5. No pouch. (Samsung scores here all the time)
Yet I will not refrain from giving it 5 stars.
Moto Fire XT costs lesser but has some performance and heating issues. Apps hang up at times.
The Galaxy Ace may be phased out soon, if the word on the street is to be believed. The Wildfire S was not on my list because of its 600MHz processor.
I was also seriously considering the SE Xperia Mini ST15i. It is an awesome phone with fantastic features - 1GHz processor, Adreno 205, 16M colours, Bravia engine and HD! It beats the competition in terms of features and performance. But I chose the Optimus Hub for the larger screen size. If smaller screen is ok, then go for the Xperia Mini. The Optimus Hub is one of the latest LG models and has just been launched in Asia and Europe. So you will not find detailed reviews or English videos on it. All videos are in European languages. To sum up, the Optimus Hub has great UI and gives superb performance. Go for it!
read more ▼