Performance till infinity
Micromax Funbook Infinity Sports a 7-inch, 800x480 pixels, WVGA TFT Capacitive Touchscreen running on Android 4.0.4 (Ice cream Sandwich) OS. The Android tablet has been powered with 1.2 GHz Cortex-A8 Processor making every task performed smoothly. The 512MB RAM along with Mali 400 2D/3D Graphics processor provides fast performance to the gadget.
Micromax Funbook Infinity packs a 2MP Rear camera along with a 0.3MP Front Camera. Funbook Infinity houses within itself an internal memory of 4GB along with the flexibility of expanding its external memory up to 32GB via Micro SD card.
On the connectivity front Micromax Funbook Infinity includes Wi-Fi, 3G and USB features. The Funbook Infinity comes with a range of Apps to fulfill every requirement of the user. The Tablet promises to provide a tremendous Gaming experience along with its Gravity and Acceleration Sensor.
Micromax Funbook Infinity is an affordable device with latest features included in it. The tremendous Processor is the attraction factor along with the Acceleration and Gravity sensors for the gamers. Its a must buy for the technology freaks.
Micromax Funbook Infinity P275 Tablet
Out Of Stock2-4 Working Days
Micromax Funbook Infinity P275
Out Of Stock1-4 Working Days
Overall User Rating (3.8 Out of 5 based on 576 ratings)
Overall: Good for the price
Bought almost one week back (outside of flipkart) and these are my verdicts on the unit I have with me. Hope this would be helpful for first time tab buyers like me.
The points below (especially the cons) may be specific to my unit only.
1. Extremely good speakers.
2. Battery backup is very good and what i really looked for...
It easily holds on for 5-6 hours for high end usage including gaming and wifi. I could watch 3 movies (2 hindi + 1 Walt Disney animation) in a single charge and it still had more :). The full charging (from drained state) takes 3.5 to 4 hrs. The backup during inactivity is wonderful, will stay alive for days if there is no usage. The drain was around 3% for a whole night!
4. Gaming is great!! I have tried Temple run and Riptide 2 HD and both works great. I am soo addicted to Riptide and there are no lags at all. Instead of the pre-installed (low graphics) NFS, MMX could have given Riptide to showcase the gaming capability.
5. Touch is super smooth! I have a new Galaxy y and I don't feel any difference. Earlier I had a doubt if 7" tab is enough or I should have a 10", now I just love this display size, its more than enough for me - for watching movies,browsing and reading.
6. I use only wifi and it works great. This thing has mode "n" also besides b/g as it connects at 150 Mbps to the router. The browsing speed is almost similar as that i get on my PC. Detects signals comfortably, even 2-3 rooms away from the router.
7. Lots n lots of educational content (saw mathematics tips n tricks helpful for entrance tests) .
8. Has Adobe flash player pre-installed.
9. The total memory is also more than I expected. It has almost 8 gb of storage. The partition goes like this -
4GB Internal - 1.5 GB for system storage (may be for android??) + 512 MB tablet internal memory (not RAM) (some apps get installed here but can be moved to int. SD) + 2gb internal SD
4GB External SD card (can be removed) - Has 2 movies (Rowdy rathore and Tees mar Khan around 3 gb)
10.Can transfer files using Wifi to my pc in the same network by configuring the tab as ftp server using ES File Manager. There may be several methods but this worked fine for me :).
11. Two things that surprised me was the pre-installed Super HD 2160P video player which works perfectly for the movies I tried so far (including flv's). Also sound is more than I expected. Thought I would need MX player and equalizer for these two functions but no need so far!!
12. There is no serious heating issues even during gaming for a long time - just expected temp. rise only. Pretty comfortable for watching movies while holding in hand. Don't know if the dual core tabs coming out in this price range will be like this... :)
13. Has both OTG and mini usb cable in the box.
14. And overall, I just love android 4.0.4!!!!
Cons(Don't know if the defects are unit specific) -
1. The file transfer is slow from my PC using both USB and Wifi (dont know if this is common for all android devices). Using Wifi, its almost 1-2 mbps max while transferring through a 100 mbps network.
2. A big flaw is the camera, almost of no use, I would rate its quality as 1 star only (including rear one- clarity of 2 mp looks like a VGA cam in the phone I had 4 years back). But i do not use it anyway, so not an issue :P
3. This is a defect in my unit - One pixel in the screen around the lower left corner is not correct, very hard to see but you can detect it when the background is completely black.
4. No HDMI port.. really a shocker as most tabs in this range has one :(.
5. I put the display inactivity timer for 30 sec. Rarely during heavy usage (wifi downloads/paused movie), when I tried to wakeup the tab, the display wouldn't come up. Had to long press the power button to shutdown(could hear sound) and restart. This might be a stock software issue??
6. While in low battery, once the battery indication went down pretty fast from 15% to 0%(shutdown) in 20 mins without even running ANY application (killed all apps) except browsing the MMX settings panel . Don't know if this is a stock software issue (??) but I haven't seen this again. Anyway if I take the actual usage for that day, I did have it running for around 6-7 hours - moderate usage including movies and wifi browsing... :P
7. Definitely anyone would love to have more RAM... I would prefer having 1GB RAM instead of the rear cam if its based on cost cutting issues!!
8. Need to find a good case/cover..
9.Couldn't find any pdf reader when getting out of the box but several pdf's (study materials) are given!!! Anyway Adobe reader is there free in the G market.
Finally I would rate something around 3.7 for the unit with me which is more than I expected for this price, also dont expect a Sammy or Apple tab... Thank you for reading this long story :).