Works as advertised
07 May 2013
Reviewed On: flipkart.com
Overall: I chose this phone on simply one condition: find the cheapest dual-SIM Nokia and find the matching price-wala MMX. Its been almost a month with the phone, and I have no major issues with it.
1. Battery - Goes a week on a single SIM, 3 days on dual-SIM. My usage is moderate, around 30 mins to 1 hours of calling per day, and texting. I dont use it to listen to music / FM.
2. Screen - Excellent. Looks bright and cheerful. Pretty big also for the price point.
3. UI- Simple enough to get around without a manual. Finding a particular setting can be a pain in the beginning, but you get used to it.
4. Build and overall looks - This is where the phone wins over. On first glance, it looks and feels like a Rs. 4000 phone! The big screen and nicely laid out keypad also work wonders. A silver patti all around the phone and a curve under the keypad complete the feeling of a well-made phone.
1. Earpiece quality - Earpiece is a little harsh, gives me a headache after a long call. The sound quality is much better on my Lumia 610.
2. Messaging: No T9 / dictionary mode.
2. Games - Only a demo version of Tetris comes with it. Haven't tried to see I can download more from the MMX zone.
3. No volume rocker button - Bit of a pain when you don't have dedicated volume buttons on the side of the phone.
I hope I've provided you guys an unbiased review. If none of the cons are a deal breaker for you, I'd suggest you buy this phone! For me, this phone works perfectly!
read more ▼