Market Status: Available in India
Updated on:Dec 03, 2016
Release Date: Apr 18, 2016 (Official)
Official Website:Click here
Overall User Rating (3.1 Out of 5 based on 17 ratings)
Overall: I have carried out detailed research on this product and contacted Nvidia. First of all, it is not officially launched in India and Nvidia has confirmed me that there is no such news for release of any SHIELD product in our country in near future. So it is a imported product and this is the reason why the price is so high. This is not official price declared by the company. So please stop crying for the price and giving -ve review.
Regarding the service of the product in India: NO!!! SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE IN INDIA AND IF IT STOPS WORKING AFTER FEW MONTHS, YOU HAVE TO TRASH IT. Yes again Nvidia has confirmed me the same. So if 25k is not a big deal for you then it is indeed a best graphical daemon you can buy till date in this price range. Of course you need to have nerves of steel because of NO WARRANTY OR SERVICE. Now coming to pros and cons & COMPARISON WITH Mi Pad (Same Tegra K1),
1. Superb build quality and grip compared to Mi Pad.
2. Dual front firing speakers
3. Resolution is lower than Mi pad, but for this less demanding display you will get outstanding FPS and battery life in SHIELD but display is far better in Mi pad.
4. SHIELD specific service and exclusive features like 4K streaming to tv, HDMI connectivity, PC game broadcast to tablet (limitation 720P) if your GPU (of coarse have to be Nvidia) has support & finally dedicated SHIELD optimized games. But in Mi Pad no such feature is available.
5. It supports android 6 with Micro-SD having internal memory compatibility. So you can install most of the apps to M-SD. For Mi Pad there is no android upgrade available (only v4) and Mi will never provide any update and optimization for Mi pad.
6. If you are not a gamer, then it is also good for media consumption and multitasking because Tegra K1 is faster than Intel atom and snapdragon chip sets in most of the areas we normally stress during our daily usage.
7. Even at this price range 26K you cannot get a tab which is a better performer than this one even iPad mini (except Mi pad: 11k price).
1. Screen brightness is less but not a deal breaker.
2. Battery it is equivalent to 5600 mAh (again I have gathered data from other online review but not officially declared by nvidia) which is (as per review) equivalent to real life test of Mi Pad due to shield's lighter software and less demanding screen.
3. A bit heavy form factor compared to Mi pad.
If you are a gamer and performance is your key area, then there is nothing in the market right now to beat this device in its price range (up to 30k). I am Mi pad user and I am satisfied till now but getting angry with time due to mi's poor software support. Mi pad is a excellent performer but have some software optimization issues. However I don't have nerves of steel. So shield is not for me before official launch (due to no support). But for rich fellows, this is totally recommended. So do your market study and I am sure that you can't find a better gaming tablet in India considering all these criteria.
|Nvidia Shield Tablet K1||Price in India|
|Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet (8 inch, 16GB, Wi-Fi Only), Grey at Amazon||Rs. 24,999|