Updated on:Oct 26, 2016
Official Website:Click here
Best out of the rest
Overall User Rating (4 Out of 5 based on 136 ratings)
Overall: I've used this phone for more than a year. And here is my review.
-Super AMOLED 2 1080p is the brilliant display for 18k (But when I bought it was 35k).
-16mp rear camera was "extraordinary" with flawless 4K video recording. Front camera did its job well.
-protection from water is unique(for this price).
-very light and not slippery.
-Copper gold looks beautiful and better suit for girls.
Now the real face
- I said brilliant display, yes it drains battery like anything. Not even for 1 day use even with lowest brightness.
- They said Octa core processor, but it failed to perform like one.
- Poor battery life even if you don't use. Thats were you will feel regret(oops did I said that already? thats fine cos I faced lot of issues bcos of very less battery backup)
- Heating issue has become common in smartphone nowadays but this one is Mother of all heater phones. It will get heated even with less usage. You wont need a heater during winter season. Just use this phone as an alternative.
- As usual a poor build quality from Samsung. Plastics all over.
- They said water resistant but even with little sticky finger you cant use the touch without issues.
- Touchwiz UI. I don't know when samsung will learn to make a good looking efficient and minimalist UI.
- Loud speaker is inaudible. Its actually a soft speaker as its not loud enough.
- S5 is where samsung made its 1st attempt in fingerprint scanner but its a "FAIL". Not a good fingerprint scanner. Redmi note 3 has a better and best one for its lowest price.
For 18k you will find a better phone but not from an international standard company like samsung. You can use this phone occasionally so that you won't feel or can find any issues whichever I faced. Choice is yours but I won't recommend if you are a good friend of mine.