Exhibiting excellence with powerful gaming features
Overall User Rating (4.3 Out of 5 based on 131 ratings)
Overall: I am not a hardcore gamer but I do play games occasionally. I bought this because I wanted following configuration.
* Intel i5 3rd gen or Similar AMD varient
* Min 4GB ram with highest frequency possible
* A good built in webcam (1.3 here is sufficient for most of your needs)
* 1TB hdd
* Min 1 USB 3.0 port
* Dedicated graphics processor for watching HD content
* Good sound
* Good keyboard
I am using this from last 1 year and had done a serch before for the laptops and I had come across the other one i.e. NP350V5C-S07IN which have core i5 instead of AMD and 4GB ram istead of 6GB here and 2GB gpu instead of 1.5 GB here. But guys do notice the price difference. The price for i5 was around 49000 and for this one around 33000. See the significant difference. Then i checked for the difference between the processors of the 2 and came across the posts on forums where users are saying i5 has 2 physical cores and 4 logical where as this one has straight 4 physical cores. So better performance if your application use parallel processing. You will get this point when you will use true crypt.I have used i5 2nd gen before and for day to day works, i5 was faster than this. But this one won't disappoint you in media and gaming category.
I have used this for almost a month now and here are the pro's and con's
1) Processor score on Windows 8 Experience Index is 6.7
2) Memory score 7.1
3) Graphics score for both is 6.7
4) Keyboard is awesome. Very very comfortable.
5) Design and looks are simple yet good.
6) Battery backup is really good. I have charged it fully (takes 1 to 1.5 hours max for fully charge after fully discharged), optimized few settings in power saving mode and other places and it ran for almost 5 hours.
7) 2 USB 3.0 ports
8) Webcam is good for most of your purposes.
9) Samsung service is good. They replaced one of it's hinge at my home. The other hinge was too tight which cause the hinge problem.
1) Score for HDD is 5.9 which is the bottleneck in most of the notebooks. After all it's 5400 rpm. It's really painful here if you use a desktop PC too.
2) Heats a little bit if placed directly on your lap or bed for hour or more.Get a stand or cooling pad for this. Not a big heating issue. But yeah it heats a little which can make you uncomfortable. Used asus notebook with similar config. For normal use absolutely no heat. This one's got a little. But way too cooler than those of HP.
3) People in previous reviews are saying that there is a surprise backpack. I got a surprise when I haven't found one.:P
4) Some people are saying that 0 key on numpad is not working even if num lock is on. Just hit the Function Lock key near F12 key guys. It's done. They have given 3 functions to that key so people are not getting it and talking about hardware problems.
6) Display is not as great as they say. Viewing angles are near to the category 'BAD'. But you won't get any reflections due to light.
7) Sound is kind of ok. Don't expect too much. It's a notebook after all.
So my final verdict is
Even if the config is good it lacks a good display and sound. So it ruins it all.