Updated on:Oct 23, 2016
Official Website:Click here
A Smart Advanced Stylish Tablet From Sony
Display and Configuration
Sony Xperia Tablet Z sports a 10.1-inch of TFT capacitive Multi touchscreen display with a resolution of 1200 x 1920 pixels and features Sony's Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. Measuring 6.9mm in thickness, it's one of the thinnest tablets in the market.
The device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1.5GHz Quad Core Snapdragon Processor paired with 2GB RAM. It is water and dust resistant, like the Xperia Z and Z1 flagship smartphones.
Camera and Memory
The device packs in an 8.1 MP of rear camera with autofocus, LED Flash and 16x Digital Zoom, and also has a 2.2 MP front camera for video chatting. It houses 16GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 64 GB via a microSD card.
Connectivity and Battery
Connectivity options include 3G, WiFi, GPS, USB, GPRS, LTE and Bluetooth. The tablet is supported by a 6000 mAh battery which provides 16 hours of usage.
The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is a super-light device designed to take on the iPad with a quality screen and innovative features - but is the price too high? But when it comes to tablets, the world of Android is a funny old place.. There have been plenty of pretenders, but not really one that stands out when it comes to market share in the way the iPad does. And it`s a wrong Sony is determined to put right with the Xperia Tablet Z. Sony has tried befo...
Pros: Really light, Beautiful screen, Small apps, Great keyboard,
Cons: Awkward, angular design, Average battery, Poor camera, Charging takes forever,
Verdict: The Sony Xperia Tablet Z is pretty much the complete package. A fantastic slender, lightweight design topped off with a great screen and clever features makes it the best 10-inch Android around....
Overall User Rating (4.5 Out of 5 based on 155 ratings)
Overall: I don't have to go into the specs, its all listed on this page, so its a user experience feedback.
First the Bad
1.As said by another reviewer the power cable is short!! would be very difficult to use while charging.
2. as usual, sony never brings in accessories from the start, am sure we will have to wait a few months for those to land.
3. Camera does suck!! but then other than skype, why would I need it??
Now the Good
1. Its everything the ad's promise and a bit more... you are actually holding it in your hands.
2. There are some saying it heated up in use, this is not an issue for me, played GTA vice city with display settings to the max and it purred along fine with no heating or game play issues.
3. Compared to the Tablet S, the speakers are LOUD... !!!
4. when used without the cover you can actually feel how light it is!!, very comfortable to use to read an eBook in bed.
5. The Display is just awesome!! HD movies and games play just fine with nice rich colors.
The rest is normal Jelly bean fare, would certainly recommend for people looking for a new tablet! Finally us Android fans can boost of a tablet that is equal parts beauty and beast!!