Under any case DO NOT BUY this product
27 May 2014
Reviewed On: flipkart.com
Overall: Among so many products I have purchased from flipkart, this was the worst product. After using it for a few days, here are my reviews.
1. Good Battery Life, I get about 5 hours easily.
1. Really really slow processor, my other celeron 3rd gen runs faster than this one.
2. Flipkart claims 2 slots for RAM but it has only 1.
3. Poor built quality, and I mean really poor build quality. The plastic is so cheap quality, it rattles on the slightest dab on the track pad.
4. The keyboard is wierd. spacebar is one of the smallest i have ever seen. So difficult to type without seeing the keyboard. Chiclet keyboard is the best any day.
5. One major disadvantage is that you dont get any driver CD with the laptop. After installation of windows 8.1, your wifi does not work out of the box, and if you dont have ethernet cable internet then your dead!. You will need another computer to go to toshiba website and download all drivers, half of which are outdated and corrupt. So many wifi drivers on list, only one works. This is Toshiba's way to punish you to buy their product.
Most of the important drivers file size is huge, 200mb+, wifi dongles can take ages to download.
6. Trackpad is kind of rough finish, makes it difficult for smooth movement of fingers.
7. No USB 3.0
8. All cable attachments , except 1 USB are on the right side, making it difficult for mouse movement.
9. Horrible speakers. I feel like using the F-word for this one here.
I dont understand, why in the world does Toshiba build such sucking products. Just spend Rs 1000 more and go for the lenovo , which is Pentium, ( faster than celeron ), chiclet keyboard, no hassles of drivers, and better built quality.
REGRET REGRET REGRET. FOREVER.
I usually never write such negative comments. This is just too frustrating.
read more ▼