If you lose your Aadhaar card or want a digital copy of your unique identification number, you can head to the UIDAI website. The portal holds information about every Aadhaar beneficiary. You can download an e-copy of the Aadhaar card (in PDF format) from the website and print it out as well. The e-copy is password-protected so that no person, other than you, can access its details. How to download Aadhaar card steps are fairly easy and could be performed by anyone from the comfort of their home, provided they have an active internet connection. If you are not familiar with the steps, here’s an easy guide on the Aadhar card download. It’s applicable on any device of your choice, including Android mobile phone, iPhone, Windows, and Mac.
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind before downloading an Aadhaar card. First, use a browser that supports downloading. Second, keep details of your Aadhaar number, Enrollment ID (EID), or Virtual ID (VID) handy. Lastly, you should have your registered mobile number.
Read more: How to update mobile number in Aadhaar
How to download Aadhaar card PDF online
- Fire up your browser
- Visit UIDAI website
- Scroll down to the ‘Get Aadhaar’ section and choose Download Aadhaar. Alternatively, you can click on this link
- You can download Aadhar card using the Aadhaar number, enrollment number, or virtual ID
- If you have your Aadhaar number, enter it in the box in Aadhaar number tab
- Enter Captcha code
- Click send OTP to proceed
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter that OTP and choose ‘Verify and Download’ to save the e-Aadhaar card copy on your device
- Unlock PDF: how to remove password from PDF file for free on mobile and desktop
- How to check if your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar Card
The downloaded Aadhard card PDF will be password-protected. This password is the first four letters of your name in caps and your birth year. Hypothetically, if your name is Sanket and your birth year is 1993, then your Aadhaar card password will be ‘SANK1993’. That said, if your name consists of your three letters, enter them in caps, followed by the birth year to access the contents of your Aadhaar card.