- The Acer Chromebook Spin 713 is MIL-STD 810G compliant, has 3:2 aspect ratio and ships with 2K IPS touchscreen display
- The Chromebook Spin 311 is a compact notebook with 11.6-inch display and 15 hours of battery backup
- The Acer Predator Helios 700, Helios 300, and Triton 300 ship with 10th gen Intel Core H-series processors
Acer has expanded the Chromebook line up with the new Spin 713 (CP713-2W), Chromebook Enterprise Spin 713 and Chromebook Spin 311. The former is a part of the Intel Project Athena innovation program and ships with the latest 10th generation Intel Core processor. The Chromebook Spin 713 comes with the 3:2 aspect ratio that offers 18 percent more vertical screen space and is equipped with streamlined aluminium chassis with MIL-STD 810G standard. The Acer Spin 311 is a compact 11.6-inch convertible Chromebook that is said to deliver 15 hours of battery backup. At the same event, Acer has also refreshed the Predator Helios 700, Predator Helios 300, and Predator Triton 300 laptops.
Pricing and availability
- The Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 713 starts at $1,099 (around Rs 83,200) and will be available in North America from August.
- The standard Acer Chromebook Spin 713 (CP713-2W) starts at $629.99 (approx 47,700) and to ship from July in North America.
- The Acer Chromebook Spin 311 (CP311-3H) begins at $259.99 (around 19,700) and will be available from July in North America
- The Acer Predator Helios 700 will start at $2,399 (approx Rs 1.81 lakh) and will be available in North America from October.
- The Predator Helios 300 will start at $1,199.99 (around Rs 90,800) and to ship from July.
- The Predator Triton 300 has a starting price of $1,299.99 (approx Rs. 98,400) and will be available from September.
Acer Chromebook Spin 713, 311 specifications
The Chromebook 713 flaunts a 13.5-inch VertiView 2K IPS touchscreen display with 2,256 x 1,504 pixels resolution. It is powered by up to a 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10610U CPU coupled with up to 16GB RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage. The Chromebook’s display and the touchpad are covered by an Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass. It is claimed to deliver 10 hours of battery life and has support for fast charging as well. The Chromebook is equipped with dual integrated stereo speakers and dual microphones. The Chromebook features a convertible design that can be opened full 360-degrees.
Ports on board include two USB 3.1 Type-C both supporting USB 3.2 Gen 1 (up to 5 Gbps), a single DisplayPort over USB-C, an HDMI port, USB 3.0 and MicroSD card reader. It packs a 3-cell battery with 10 hours of battery life on a single charge. Connectivity options are Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 AX201 with 2×2 MU-MIMO and Bluetooth 5.0. As for the Chromebook Enterprise Spin 713, it is aimed at businesses. Both the machines run on ChromeOS.
Acer Chromebook Spin 311 (CP311-3H) is powered by the Mediatek MT8183 processor. It weighs just 1kgs and ships with the newly improved keyboard and a wide field-of-view webcam. The 11.6-inch display is protected with Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass. Connectivity options include 802.11ac 2×2 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2.
Acer Predator Helios 700, Helios 300, and Triton 300 specifications
The Acer Predator Helios 700 sports a 17.3-inch full-HD IPS display with 144Hz refresh rate and Nvidia G-Sync technology. It is powered by up to 10th-gen Intel Core i9-10980HK with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super or GeForce RTX 2070 Super GPUs. It packs up to 64GB DDR4 RAM and PCIe NVMe SSDs storage. Acer says that it has improved the thermal management capabilities with a new Predator PowerGem (Core i9) and is claimed to have 3.83 times more vertical heat conductivity compared to copper. It works with a combination of three copper heat pipes, a vapour chamber, Acer CoolBoost Technology, and two custom-engineered 4th gen AeroBlade 3D fans.
The Acer Predator Helios 300 will now ship with the latest 10th Gen Intel Core H-series processors and overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU with Max-Q Design. It sports a 15.6-inch full HD display with 240Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time. The laptop supports up to 32GB DDR4 RAM and two PCIe NVMe SSD storage in RAID 0 configuration and up to a 2TB hard drive storage. It has support for DTS:X Ultra Audio. The notebook features dual fans, including one newly-designed 4th Generation AeroBlade 3D fan with reduces noise and Acer CoolBoost.
Lastly, the Acer Predator Triton 300 gaming laptop has been refreshed with the 10th Gen Intel Core H-series processor, up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU with Max-Q Design. It also has the same 15.6-inch display with 240Hz refresh rate, 300 nits brightness and 100 percent sRGB colour space. It supports up to three M.2 SSDs (one PCIe, two combos). The laptop has three heat pipes for better thermal management, dual-fan cooling system and CoolBoost technology. It measures 19.9mm and weighs 2.1kg.