Long gone are the days when you used to get a reminder from the telco regarding your balance. Checking the balance is now a manual process, and if you’re wondering how to do that for your Airtel mobile number, we’re here to help you. The telco provides several ways to check Airtel balance, whether it is talktime, data, or SMS, on both prepaid and postpaid connections. To make it easy for you, we’ve outlined a few simple steps on how to check Airtel data balance. Knowing your Airtel balance lets you consume data, SMS, and other benefits judicially so that you don’t run out during an emergency or days before the next recharge cycle. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look at how Airtel balance can be checked.
Also Read: Airtel number check: How to check Airtel mobile number using USSD code, app, and more
How to check Airtel balance
Airtel prepaid and postpaid balance, including the main balance, daily data, SMSes, and more, can be checked via the app and USSD codes. Additionally, you can also reach out to customer care to check Airtel balance, validity, and other things.
How to check Airtel balance using USSD number codes
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data aka USSD codes are quick or feature codes that allow cellular telephones to communicate with the mobile network operator’s computers for various purposes, including the balance check. There are a number of USSD codes to check Airtel balance for different purposes.
USSD number codes to check Airtel data balance
To check Airtel data/ internet balance using USSD code, dial *123*10#. This is exclusive to prepaid customers.
USSD number codes to check Airtel SMS balance
In order to check Airtel SMS balance using USSD number code, dial *121*7#.
USSD number codes to check Airtel plan and validity
Dial *121*2# to check the SMS balance of your Airtel number plan and validity.
Some other Airtel USSD codes
|Purpose||Airtel USSD Code|
|Airtel main balance check||*123#|
|Airtel number check||*282#|
|Airtel talk time loan||*141# or call 52141|
|Airtel data loan code||*141# or call 52141|
|Airtel Miss call alert service||*888#|
|Check Airtel Unlimited Packs||*121*1#|
|Airtel voice or roaming packs||*222#|
|Airtel Postpaid Current Bill Plan Check||SMS “BP” To 121|
|Airtel Postpaid Due/Pending Amount Check||SMS “OT” To 121|
|Airtel Postpaid Bill Payment Check||SMS “PMT” To 121|
|Airtel Postpaid Current Plan Usage Check||SMS “UNB” To 121|
|Airtel data balance check for 2G users||*121*9#|
Also Read: Airtel broadband plans: List of Airtel Xstream Fiber plans, benefits, and validity in India 2021
How to check Airtel balance using Airtel Thanks appThis is probably the easiest way to check your Airtel balance. To check SMS and data balance in Airtel using Airtel Thanks app,
- Download the Airtel Thanks app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your device
- Open the app and register with your Airtel mobile number
- Now go to the ‘Services’ section (you’ll find it at the bottom left) on the app
- In there, you’ll find details of your active recharge, data usage, SMS balance, and more.
- The app will also show your Airtel recharge pack validity
How to check Airtel balance through Airtel official website
If you don’t want to download an app just for the Airtel balance check, you can use the Airtel Selfcare web service. For it,
- Head over to Airtel Selfcare (website) by clicking on the link or searching for Airtel Selfcare on Google.
- You don’t need to create an account. You can log in using OTP on your phone number.
- Once logged in, you will see a dashboard that will display your Airtel number balance. You can check the main balance, SMS balance, Airtel internet balance, and more.
Airtel customer care numbers
You can also check Airtel daily data balance, talktime, and more via the Airtel toll-free customer care numbers, which are as follows
- Dial 121 to reach out to Airtel customer support
- Dial 198 for any complaints regarding your Airtel network
- Dial 1909 for activation of DND service
- Dial 123 for Airtel recharge
How to check data balance on Airtel postpaid
In addition to the Airtel Thanks app, customers can dial *121# to check Airtel postpaid data usage.