Long gone are the days when you used to get a reminder from the telco regarding your balance. Checking the balance is now a manual process, and if you’re wondering how to do that for your Airtel mobile number, we’re here to help you. The telco provides several ways to check Airtel balance, whether it is talktime, data, or SMS, on both prepaid and postpaid connections. To make it easy for you, we’ve outlined a few simple steps on how to check Airtel data balance. Knowing your Airtel balance lets you consume data, SMS, and other benefits judicially so that you don’t run out during an emergency or days before the next recharge cycle. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look at how Airtel balance can be checked.
How to check Airtel balance
Airtel prepaid and postpaid balance, including the main balance, daily data, SMSes, and more, can be checked via the app and USSD codes. Additionally, you can also reach out to customer care to check Airtel balance, validity, and other things.
How to check Airtel data balance in Airtel Thanks app
- This is probably the easiest way to check your Airtel balance
- Download the Airtel Thanks app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your device
- Open the app and register with your Airtel mobile number
- Now go to the ‘Services’ section (you’ll find it at the bottom left) on the app
- In there, you’ll find details of your active recharge, data usage, SMS balance, and more.
- The app will also show your Airtel recharge pack validity
How to Check Airtel Balance using Airtel Selfcare service
If you don’t want to download an app just for checking your Airtel balance, you can use the Airtel Selfcare web service to check your balance.
- Head over to Airtel Selfcare (website) by clicking on the link or searching for Airtel Selfcare on Google.
- You don’t need to create an account. You can log in using OTP on your phone number.
- Once logged in, you will see a dashboard that will display your Airtel number balance. You can check the main balance, SMS balance, Airtel internet balance, and more.
How to check Airtel prepaid data balance using USSD code
There are a number of USSD codes to check Airtel balance for different purposes.
- To check Airtel’s main balance, dial *123#, and the balance information will reflect on your screen in a few seconds. The main balance is usually talktime, which is free for Airtel 4G customers with contemporary all-in-one recharge packs. Therefore, don’t be surprised if you see zero balance.
- For checking your Airtel net balance, dial *123*10#. This is exclusive to prepaid customers
- *121# USSD code used to tell you about various offers on your Airtel number, but it now asks you to check Airtel Thanks apps for the same.
- When your balance is over, Airtel Prepaid customers can dial *141# to take a loan balance for talk time or main balance
- For Airtel internet balance, dial *121#
- Airtel 2G customers can dial *123*9# to check internet balance
How to check data balance on Airtel postpaid
In addition to the Airtel Thanks app, customers can dial *121# to check Airtel postpaid data usage.
Airtel data, SMS balance, and validity check via customer support
You can also check Airtel daily data balance, talktime, and more via the Airtel toll-free customer care numbers, which are as follows
- Dial 121 to reach out to Airtel customer support
- Dial 198 for any complaints regarding your Airtel network
- Dial 1909 for activation of DND service
- Dial 123 for Airtel recharge