Airtel Xstream app is a video streaming service with a variety of different content. In addition to live TV, one can stream movies, TV shows, and originals from various OTT platforms via the app. The content of the Xstream app is available for both Airtel and non-Airtel users. Previously known as Airtel TV, the Xstream app is available on Android and iOS-powered devices for free via the respective app marketplace. The telco is also expanding the app support for other devices such as smart TVs and streaming devices. Here’s everything you need to know about the Airtel Xstream app, including how to download movies on the Airtel Xstream app.
What is Airtel Xstream app?
As stated above, the Airtel Xstream app is a video streaming service. The name of the app was changed to Xstream from Airtel TV a couple of years ago. The app allows users to stream 350+ live TV, movies, shows, and premium content, including originals from platforms such as ErosNow, Hungama Play, Lionsgate Play, ShemarooMe, and Zee5, among others. You can access the Airtel Xstream content via the app on Android and iOS devices or browsers on Windows/ macOS-powered laptops and PCs. While the service is free for Airtel users with select prepaid/ postpaid plans, DTH, and broadband subscription, non-Airtel can watch, share, and download content from Airtel Xstream by purchasing the Xstream Premium plan. Here’s a quick look at the Airtel Xstream Premium Plan.
Airtel Xstream Premium Plan
The Airtel Xstream Premium Plan for non-Airtel customers starts at Rs 49 per month, while the yearly subscription of the streaming service costs just Rs 499. These plans include access to pretty much every content available on the Airtel Xstream app. Subscriptions to Divo for Kollywood content, ShortsTV for short films in English, Hindi, and regional languages, Mubi, and Epicon are available for purchase separately from the Xstream app.
Airtel customers get complimentary subscriptions to these plans with select postpaid/ prepaid recharge plans, DTH connection, and Airtel Xstream broadband plans.
How to subscribe to Airtel Xstream
- Download the Airtel Xstream app or visit Airtel Xstream website
- Head to ‘More’ at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Register with your mobile number
- Select Plans and Offers
- Tap Recommended Packs
How to download movies on Airtel Xstream app
- The movies download option on the Airtel Xstream app is only available with a handful of titles.
- The ones that are available come with the ‘download’ icon next to the WhatsApp option when you play the movie.
- Hit that icon to save the movie on your device for offline viewing.
- In order to access the downloaded videos, go to ‘More’ and select ‘Downloads’. You can play, delete, and sort these downloaded files from the screen.
- Additionally, you can adjust the quality of the downloaded videos, by tapping on the ‘gear’ icon at the top right corner.
Is there Airtel Xstream app for PC?
There is no Airtel Xstream app for PC yet, but you can stream its content via a browser. Open any browser that supports video playback on your Windows laptop/ PC or Mac and visit https://www.airtelxstream.in/. Login with your number to stream live TV, movies, TV shows, and more.
Airtel Xstream app for Android TV
You can access the Airtel Xstream app on smart TVs as well. For this, your TV needs to be running Android TV platform and not AOSP. Got that? Good.
- Now, Go to the Play Store on your TV
- Search for Airtel Xstream
- Install the app and open it
- Login with your number and you’re good to go
If you don’t have an Android TV, you can run Airtel Xstream web page through a browser on your smart TV. The experience will be a little buggy, but you’ll be able to stream all the content of Airtel’s video streaming platform.