- Apple is likely to bring the Dynamic Island feature to all iPhone 15 models.
- The iPhone 15 Pro models are expected to be powered by the A17 Bionic chipset.
- The upcoming iPhone 15 series is expected to be launched in the second half of 2023.
After successfully launching the iPhone 14 series, tech giant Apple is gearing up to unveil the next-generation iPhones in the second half of this year. A MacRumors report, citing Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman, indicates that all the iPhones in the upcoming iPhone 15 series will have the much-anticipated Dynamic Island feature, which is currently limited to the iPhone 14 Pro models.
Meanwhile, another report has talked about some features, including a new chipset, that might be unique to the iPhone 15 Pro models – iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, the latter of which might be renamed to iPhone 15 Ultra.
iPhone 15 features
According to the report, Apple will retain the same four screen sizes for the iPhone 15 series models as the iPhone 14 series, with plans to extend Dynamic Island to all four iPhone 15 models. The Dynamic Island is a pill-shaped section that replaces the notch on earlier iPhone models. The software transforms Dynamic Island into various shapes and sizes to display Live Activities, system alarms, and other data.
iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max/Ultra features
The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max/Ultra are anticipated to have at least six exclusive capabilities, which will not be available on the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus, as per MacRumors, which cited several reports and tipsters. The exclusive features of the iPhone 15 Pro models might include the following:
- A17 chipset: The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to be powered by the A17 Bionic chipset manufactured based on TSMC’s second-generation 3nm process. It also indicates that the next-generation chipset will not back the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.
- Increased RAM: The report states that the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro models will come equipped with an increased 8GB of RAM, while the base models will have 6GB of RAM.
- Titanium frame: Instead of stainless steel, the frames of the iPhone 15 Pro variants will be constructed of titanium, just like we have seen in the Apple Watch Ultra.
- USB-C port: The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will likely come with a USB-C port that will support at least USB 3.2 or Thunderbolt 3. Meanwhile, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus may limit to USB 2.0 speed. However, a recent report stated that 2023 Apple iPhones might not come equipped with a USB Type-C port.
- Solid-state buttons: The Pro models are said to feature solid-state volume and power buttons. Like the Home button on the most recent iPhone SE or the trackpad on more recent MacBooks, it will probably have two extra Taptic Engines, which imitate the feeling of hitting the buttons without moving them.
- Increased optical zoom: There might be a periscope telephoto lens on the iPhone 15 Pro Max. As opposed to the 3x optical zoom on iPhone 14 Pro models, this might lead to the gadget having at least 6x zoom.
Meanwhile, it is also said that the Cupertino-based tech giant is also considering reducing the price of the iPhone 15 Plus and reorganising the iPhone 15 portfolio after poor sales of the iPhone 14 Plus.
|Expected Price:||Rs. 82,990|
|Release Date:||19-Apr-2023 (Expected)|
|Variant:||12 GB RAM / 256 GB internal storage|