- Apex Legends Mobile is shutting down in May just few weeks before its first anniversary.
- Respawn has explained why it is shutting down the game in an official statement.
- Publisher EA is also shutting down production on Battlefield mobile game.
Developer Respawn has announced that Apex Legends Mobile is shutting down in all regions soon. The game had launched in May last year and it is shutting down just few weeks before its first anniversary. Apex Legends Mobile had launched with a lot of promising content, coupled with incredible fast-paced gunplay. However, Respawn feels that the content pipeline for the game has fallen short in terms of “quality, quantity, and cadence.” The developer has explained why it decided to halt the game.
We have made the decision to sunset Apex Legends Mobile.— Apex Legends Mobile (@PlayApexMobile) January 31, 2023
We’re sure you have a lot of questions. For more information on where things are at currently, including an FAQ, please read the blog below.https://t.co/LcKNBhO9xa pic.twitter.com/Oc769z5cpD
Respawn said, “Following a strong start, the content pipeline for Apex Legends Mobile has begun to fall short of that bar for quality, quantity, and cadence. It is for this reason, after months of working with our development partner, that we have made the mutual decision to sunset our mobile game. Although disappointing, we are proud of the game we launched, are grateful for the support of the Apex Legends community, and are confident that this is the right decision for players.” Apex Legends Mobile will officially shut down on May 2nd at 5:30 AM in India.
Respawn has also specified that it will not provide any refund of real world money spent in the game, “per the terms of the EA User Agreement.” That said, the developer will be stopping all real money purchases in a few hours. All previously purchased items and in-game currency will be available in player accounts until May 2nd.
EA shared the news regarding Apex Legends Mobile shut down as part of its Q3 FY2023 earnings report. Besides these, EA has announced that it will be shutting down development on Battlefield mobile game. The company said, “We’ve also made the decision to stop the development of the current Battlefield mobile title. As the industry has evolved and our strategy to create a deeply connected Battlefield ecosystem has taken shape, we decided to pivot from the current direction to best deliver on our vision for the franchise and to meet the expectations of our players.”