- Asus has launched a new range of laptops powered by AMD chips
- The top-speced ZenBook 14 features the Ryzen 7730U processor
- Prices of the new lineup start at Rs 42,990 with VivoBook Go 14
Taiwanese electronics firm Asus has launched its latest portfolio of laptops that are powered by AMD Ryzen 7000 series processors across the entire range. These include the new ZenBook 14, and a host of VivoBook models that include the VivoBook Go 14, Go 15, VivoBook 14, 15 and 16 with OLED displays, VivoBook 15X and VivoBook S14 Flip, and each model in the lineup is available in multiple variants. The entire lineup ranges upward of Rs 42,990.
Asus AMD Ryzen 7000 laptops: India price and availability
Before we delve deeper into the full portfolio, here is a full list of the pricing of the new Asus laptop range, and where you can buy them. Note that all of the laptops are available at their respective stores, effective today.
- Asus ZenBook 14 OLED: Rs 89,990; available at Asus store and Flipkart online, multi-brand and Asus retail stores offline
- Asus ZenBook 14: Rs 86,990; available at Amazon online, Asus retail stores offline
- Asus VivoBook 14 OLED: Rs 67,990; available only at Asus stores online and offline
- Asus VivoBook 15X OLED: Rs 66,990; available only at Asus stores online and offline
- Asus VivoBook S14 Flip: Rs 66,990; available at Asus store, Amazon and Flipkart online, Asus stores offline
- Asus VivoBook 15 OLED: Rs 65,990; available at Amazon online, Asus stores offline
- Asus VivoBook 16: Rs 55,990; available at Flipkart online, Asus and multi-brand retail stores offline
- Asus VivoBook Go 15 OLED: Rs 50,990; available at Asus, Amazon and Flipkart online, Asus and multi-brand retail stores offline
- Asus VivoBook Go 14/15: Rs 42,990; available at Asus online, Asus and multi-brand retail stores offline
Asus ZenBook 14
Starting with the ZenBook 14 lineup, this series is available with or without an OLED display, and you’d need to pay Rs 3,000 more for the OLED variant. Apart from that, all specs remain the same here. These include the choice of AMD Ryzen 5 7530U or Ryzen 7 7730U processors with integrated Radeon graphics, 16GB LPDDR4 memory, and a choice between 512GB or 1TB of PCIe Gen3 SSD storage.
The OLED display offers 2.8K screen resolution and HDR certification, along with 90Hz refresh rate and 100 percent DCI-P3 colour gamut coverage. The non-OLED panel uses an IPS screen, offering 2.5K screen resolution, standard 60Hz refresh rate, and 100 percent sRGB colour gamut coverage.
Other specs include a virtual numberpad within the trackpad, full HD webcam, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5, a backlit chiclet keyboard, three USB 3.2 Gen2 ports (with two being USB-C), one HDMI 2.1 port and a microSD card reader, and a 75Whr battery with 65W USB-C charging.
Asus VivoBook Go
Of the three SKUs, the VivoBook Go 14 (review) is the most affordable. It features a 14-inch full HD IPS display, and a choice between the AMD Ryzen 3 7320U or Ryzen 5 7520U processors. It also comes with 8GB or 16GB of LPDDR5 memory, and a 512GB PCIe Gen3 SSD that is user-upgradable. Other key features include an HD webcam, Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5 in terms of wireless connectivity, and three USB 3.2 Gen2 ports (of which two are USB-C), one HDMI 1.4 port and a 3.5mm audio port for wired connectivity. It also gets a backlit keyboard, and is powered by a 42Whr battery with 45W DC charging adapter.
The VivoBook Go 15 and Go 15 OLED include the exact same specifications, barring the display and, for the non-OLED 15-inch one, the battery as well. The Go 15 features a 15.6-inch full HD IPS panel with 250nits peak brightness, and a 50Whr battery with 65W DC charging adapter. The Go 15 OLED features the same battery as the Go 14, but offers a 15.6-inch HDR-rated OLED display with 100 percent DCI-P3 colour gamut coverage and 600 nits peak brightness.
The VivoBook portfolio features the same processor, RAM and storage options as the ZenBook series. However, they feature 42Whr battery packs with 45W chargers, HD webcams instead of full HD, and include dedicated number pad and a fingerprint scanner with the backlit keyboard as well. While the 14-inch and 15-inch OLED variants offer the same displays as VivoBook Go OLED editions, the VivoBook 16 offers a 16-inch WUXGA 16:10 IPS display with 300nits peak brightness.
Asus VivoBook 15X, S14 Flip
The VivoBook 15X features the same performance specs as the ZenBook lineup, and the 15-inch OLED display from the spec sheets above. It gets a 50Whr battery with 65W charging, and an aluminium lid with US military grade certification.
The S14 Flip is the only convertible in the lineup, and offers up to Ryzen 5 7530U processors with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD storage. It has a 14-inch full HD IPS display that supports touch inputs, and its form factor is the key selling point for the device.