Bajaj Chetak electric scooter is now available in as many as 20 cities in India. The company has ramped up its dealership across the country so that it could take on the electric scooters in the market right now, including Ola S1 Pro and Ather 450x. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter has been around since January 2020. It comes with several noteworthy features including up to 90km range, quick charge, and app support, among other things. Here’s a quick look at Bajaj Chetak electric scooter price in India, availability, specifications, and how to book it online:
Bajaj Chetak electric scooter price and availability
Bajaj recently announced the availability of Chetak electric scooter in 12 new Indian cities, including Coimbatore, Madurai, Kochi, Kozhikode, Hubli, Visakhapatnam, Nashik, Vasai, Surat, Delhi, Mumbai, and Mapusa. This is in addition to 8 cities where the scooter was already available. The price of the electric scooter varies slightly in each of these cities, owing to subsidies. The Bajaj Chetak electric scooter price in Delhi, for example, is Rs 1,47,775 (ex-showroom), while in Bangalore and Chennai, it costs Rs 1,46,757 and Rs 1,48,279 respectively.
Here’s the ex-showroom price of Bajaj Chetak electric scooter across India:
Price (Ex- Showroom)
Bajaj Chetak electric scooter specifications
Range, modes, and top speed
Talking about Bajaj Chetak electric scooter specifications, it offers a range of up to 90 Km (under IDC as per AIS 040) in Eco mode on a single charge. In addition to the eco mode, the two-wheeler also comes with Sports and Reverse. In Sports mode, the Bajaj electric scooter can notch up to its maximum speed, i.e. 70 Kmph. The reverse mode, on the other hand, will let you drive the scooter in reverse for easy parking.
Battery and charging
The Bajaj Chetak scooter draws power from a 48V, 60.3 Ah battery that is designed to last 70,000 km or 7 years, provided it is charged on reaching 15 percent every time, per the company. Bajaj also claims that the Chetak electric scooter can charge from 0-100 percent in about 5 hours and with a quick charge, it can reach 25 percent in about 60 minutes.
App support, IP rating, and more
The scooter is IP67 water and dust resistance certified for riding in all weather conditions. The Bajaj electric scooter can be paired with your smartphone via Bluetooth using a compatible app for notifications in case of unauthorized access, locating your vehicle if it’s lost, and navigation, among other things. The two-wheeler has a remote keyless entry, so all you have to do is press a button, and start your scooter, but you do get a remote key with it that can help you locate your scooter within 30 meters of its range.
Variants and design
The Bajaj Chetak will be available in 2 variants: Premium and Urbane. The Premium variant packs a front disc brake, whereas the urbane variant sports a drum brake on the front. As for the design, it has a retro look with an all-metal body. There is an illuminated LED headlights headlamp as well as dynamic daytime running lamps and scrolling LED blinkers. The scooter also packs a digital console for speed, range, battery, and other details, a side-stand indicator, and a pillion footrest.The electric two-wheeler rides on 12-inch alloy wheels and offers a regenerative and effective braking system. Lastly, the Bajaj Chetak electric scooter has storage in the back as well as in the front.
How to buy/ book Bajaj Chetak electric scooter online in India
It is pretty easy to book a Bajaj Chetak.
- Visit the Chetak booking website here.
- Now select the city and state from where you will be purchasing on the left side.
- After selecting the city and state, the prices will be updated. Now choose the colour/variant of your choice and press “Book Vehicle”.
- You will now be shown the on-road price of the vehicle. This includes the road tax, insurance charges, registration charges, smart card charges, and municipal tax.
- The dealer’s name will be mentioned on the right side, and you will have to pay Rs. 2000 to book the vehicle. You will be able to collect the vehicle from the mentioned dealer only. You can change to your preferred dealer if there is an option.
- Click/Tap book now. You will be required to log in/register before you can book. So, log in/register in the Bajaj account.
- After registration, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions. In case you have changed your mind, and want to cancel the booking, the cancellation charge is Rs.1000.
- Once you make the payment, your vehicle will be delivered by the timeframe given by Bajaj. It is usually around 4-8 weeks.
Does Bajaj Chetak electric scooter come with FAME-2 subsidy?
Yes, the Bajaj Chetak on-road price is calculated with the FAME-2 subsidy. The MRP is approximately Rs.1,89,000 for the Bajaj Chetak. However, it is not clear whether the state subsidy is included or not. Bajaj mentions that you will have to claim the state subsidy separately.
Can you buy a Bajaj Chetak electric scooter offline?
You cannot outright buy it, but you can book the Chetak even in offline dealerships. However, only dealerships mentioned on the Bajaj website will be able to book offline.
Bajaj Chetak is not available in my city, can I buy it from another city?
No. Even if you somehow manage to book online, on delivery, your driving license and Aadhaar card address will be cross-matched. If you are from another city, you will be denied the delivery of the Bajaj Chetak.
How to test drive Bajaj Chetak electric scooter
Yes, you can test drive the Bajaj Chetak. It is free of cost and is available in all cities where the Bajaj Chetak is sold. To book a test ride online:
- Visit the Bajaj Chetak website.
- Click/tap on book a test ride on the top of the website.
- Now, log in with your registered mobile number. If you have not registered, you will have to register before proceeding.
- After you have logged in, select the model, variant, and your preferred showroom.
- Select the date and time. Upload your driving license too.
- After that, click Schedule test ride.
- Your test ride is booked. Make sure to carry your helmet on the day of your test ride, and have fun!