- The beta version of Battlegrounds Mobile India is available for everyone.
- Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) official release is yet to be revealed.
- BGMI looks identical to PUBG Mobile in terms of graphics and gameplay.
After a ton of leaks, rumors, teasers, and a long wait, the much-anticipated Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) has finally been revealed. The game is currently available to play in India for beta testers. After accepting a small number of people initially, Krafton opened early access for everyone. And many PUBG Mobile fans are waiting to get their hands on Battlegrounds Mobile India. If you are one of them, here is everything you need to know about the game including the release date, how to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India, early access impressions, and more.
Battlegrounds Mobile India release date
Leaks and rumors that we had so far suggested that Battlegrounds Mobile India would launch in India on June 18th. However, Krafton has only released the early access version for now. While there is currently no information regarding the Battlegrounds Mobile India launch date, everyone is expecting the game to release by the end of this month, after Krafton fixes the bugs and issues.
How to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India
PUBG Mobile players in India can carry forward their game and personal data to Battlegrounds Mobile India. It means that if you had any achievements, rewards, and apparel that you had purchased in PUBG Mobile, you can transfer that to Battlegrounds Mobile India. Krafton will allow players to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India till December 31st, 2021. Here is how you can transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India.
- Step 1 – Open Battlegrounds Mobile India and login into the game or signup for the game using Facebook, Twitter, or Google Play.
- Step 2 – You will now be asked to personalise your in-game character. Do that.
- Step 3 – Now a pop-up will appear on the screen that reads “Account Data Transfer.” It will ask you if you want to transfer data from PUBG Mobile to Battlegrounds Mobile India. Click on “Yes.”
- Step 4 – Once you click on “Yes,” the game will ask you if your PUBG Mobile data is linked to your Facebook account or your Twitter account. Now, select the platform to which your PUBG Mobile account is linked, and click on “OK.”
- Step 5 – It will now ask your Facebook/Twitter account credentials to which your PUBG Mobile is linked. Enter the details and click on “Login.” Once you do that, you will be able to see the “Continue as (your name)” option. Click on it.
- Step 6 – The game will now once again as you for your consent. Click on “Yes.” Congratulations! Your PUBG Mobile data has now been transferred to Battlegrounds Mobile India.
Battlegrounds Mobile India first impressions
We were one of the lucky people to get into the beta testing pool of Battlegrounds Mobile India, and we wasted no time in testing out the game. We played Battlegrounds Mobile India early access for a considerable amount of time and here is what we think about the game.
Graphics and gameplay are similar to PUBG Mobile
Battlegrounds Mobile India is almost identical to PUBG Mobile. After all, Battlegrounds Mobile India is a slightly modified variant of PUBG Mobile. We have found that the maps, gameplay, weapons, and vehicles in Battlegrounds Mobile India are similar to those in PUBG Mobile.
You see green hits instead of red when you shoot someone
We have been hearing for quite a long time that there will be no bloodshed in Battlegrounds Mobile India. Well, that is indeed true. When you shoot someone in the game, you will see a green-colored liquid on their body instead of blood. To recall, most Indian parents strongly criticized PUBG Mobile as watching violence would affect their kid’s mental health. Owing to this issue, Krafton has replaced blood with a green-colored liquid in Battlegrounds Mobile India.
Not all characters are fully clothed
If you have played PUBG Mobile, you would know that your in-game character lands in the game half-naked. This was another thing that most Indian parents criticized about the game. Well, Krafton has made changes to the game to notice the issue but not up to the full extent. While your character lands in the game fully clothed, you will still be able to see semi-naked characters in the game. For example, another player could just remove their character’s clothes and jump into the game, and it will be visible to you.
Battlegrounds Mobile India will ask you if your age is above 18 years
There has been a lot of discussion in India if people under 18 years should be allowed to play games like PUBG Mobile as it contains a lot of violence. Well, to solve the issue at hand, Krafton has an implemented a feature in Battlegrounds Mobile India which will ask you if your age is above 18 years, as soon as you enter the game. If you select the option that says your age is under 18 years, the game will remind you when you have been playing for too long. However, there is no way Krafton could verify your age. Therefore, this restriction can easily be bypassed.
BGMI currently has a decent number of bugs and issues
As with the pre-release version of any game, the beta version of Battlegrounds Mobile India has bugs and functional issues as well. We noticed that there are touch issues in the game. For example, the touch doesn’t get registered accurately every time. Plus, the game hangs up every now and then and we had to restart it to fix the problem. Hopefully, the final version of Battlegrounds Mobile India will be free from all these issues.