Refrigerators have become an essential part of our kitchens since they help keep the food and vegetables fresh by keeping the temperatures cold. If you’re looking for the best refrigerators in the market, you have landed in the right place. Below we have listed some of the best refrigerators that you can purchase on the market. The products in this list include top brands such as Samsung, LG, Haier, Godrej, and more. We also help you how you can choose the best refrigerator for your needs and budget. With that being said, let’s get started with our list of the best refrigerators you can buy right now in India.
Things to consider before buying a refrigerator
- Type: Before you start thinking of which refrigerator to buy, you need to consider your requirements such as if you’ll need a single-door refrigerator or a multi-door refrigerator. Refrigerators come in various designs ranging from single door, double door, triple door, side by side and even mini-sized refrigerators. If you have a large family, you may want to go with larger sizes refrigerators. You may also need to consider the space requirements since double doors, Triple doors or Side By Side refrigerators consume more space compared to single door and mini-refrigerators.
- Direct cool or Frost-free?: Direct-cool refrigerators circulate the cool air through natural convection. This results in uneven distribution of cool air, resulting in frost being formed in the refrigerator, and you need to occasionally defrost this ice. Frost-free refrigerators, on the other hand, have built-in fans to circulate the air evenly, so there is less chance of frost being formed. For this reason, consumers go for frost-free refrigerators as these offer more convenience. But these also consume more electricity compared to direct cool refrigerators. Another thing to note here is, that direct cool refrigerators have smaller capacities due to their size and are usually limited to single-door options. If you want a double door, triple door, or Side by Side door models you’ll have to choose from the frost-free variants.
- Capacity: If you’re a family of 3 to 4 people, a 150 to 200-litre capacity refrigerator should be enough. And if you’re a medium-sized family of 4 to 5 people, a 250-300-litre refrigerator should be enough. There are more than 300-litre capacity refrigerators available as well, which are suited for larger families of more than 5 people. You also have mini refrigerators of 30 litres capacity and above, which are suited if you live alone.
- Energy efficiency: Refrigerators come in various energy efficiency ratings that range from 2-star to 5-star. The more the energy efficiency rating, the less energy a refrigerator will consume.
- Compressor: There are two types of compressors in refrigerators: General compressors and inverter compressors. General compressors run at a constant speed and when the cooling reaches optimal levels, they turn off. On the other hand, Invertor compressors, run at variable speeds depending on the amount of cooling required to keep optimal temperatures. For this, reason, Inverter compressor refrigerators consume less electricity.
Best refrigerators you can buy right now in India
1. Samsung 394 Litres 2 Star Frost Free Digital Inverter Double Door Refrigerator
Starting our list with one of the best double-door refrigerators from Samsung. The 2-star refrigerator comes with a 395-litre capacity to accommodate a mid-sized family requirement. The refrigerator also comes with twin cooling plus technology to provide optimal cooling and maintain moisture and presents any frost so the food and vegetables always stay fresh. The refrigerator achieves this by cooling the frozen foods’ and general items’ compartments separately so the odour from one doesn’t spread to others, thus retaining more of their original flavour. Add to that, the refrigerator can be operated in 5 conversion modes so you can choose the amount of cooling depending on the seasons. Not to mention, its Digital Inverter Technology further helps in savings on electricity bills. Thanks to the larger space inside the refrigerator, you can easily store all the essential food items such as meat, ice creams, ready-to-eat frozen food, and more. Further, the refrigerator is fitted with toughened glass so the shelves don’t break even if you out heavy items such as pots and pans filled with food. Lastly, the Samsung 2-star refrigerator includes Coolpack 12 hours features that help keep the refrigerator cool even during power cuts so the food doesn’t spoil from unwanted power outages.
2. LG 260 Litres 2 Star Frost Free Inverter Double Door Refrigerator
This 260-litre double-door refrigerator from LG comes with a 2-star energy rating to save energy bills. Its total capacity is 260 litres, more than enough for a small family of 3 to 4 members. Thanks to its frost-free technology, all the food items remain fresh and won’t experience frosting due to overcooling. Additionally, the refrigerator works on a Smart Inverter Compressor technology so you get optimal cooling as well as low electricity bills. The silent operating refrigerator from LG also features a lattice-patterned box at the bottom to keep moisture-sensitive vegetables, so vegetables always stay fresh and ready to cook. Further, its Multi Air Flow mechanism circulates the air optimally in every corner of the refrigerator to keep items inside fresh all the time. This one also features toughened glass shelves for extended durability. LG is also making sure you can fit any 2-litre bottles in the refrigerator door compartments, so you keep all the beverages cool as well.
3. Samsung 253 Litres 2 Star Frost Free Digital Inverter Double Door Refrigerator
Next up on our list is yet another excellent refrigerator from Samsung. This one features a double door mechanism and has a 253 litres storage capacity so you store all the food items and vegetables inside it. And its 2-star energy saving rating defiantly helps a major chunk of your electricity bills. This Samsung refrigerator is designed to offer a noise-free operation. The Digital Inverter Compressor automatically adjusts the power depending on the cooling required to maintain optimal cooling and efficient circulates the cool air to every corner of the refrigerator. Further, it also gets a convertible freezer feature that lets you add an additional 88L capacity so you can store all your food and vegetables. The refrigerator also gives a stabiliser-free operation and is solar compatible as well. It also gets a fast cooling Power Cool, which enables quick coll air circulation throughout the refrigerator so you can quickly cool your favourite drinks, for instance. You also get an Easy Slide Shelf so you can easily put and take out the food whenever needed. Movable Ice Maker enables you to quickly make a large quantity of ice in summer, and when not needed you can remove it from the compartment to make room for the other items in the freezer. Lastly, there is also a MoistureFresh zone to keep your vegetables fresh.
4. Haier 570 Litres Frost Free Inverter Side-By-Side Door Refrigerator
This side-by-side refrigerator from Haier comes with a total of 570 litres capacity, and if you have a large family, it is one of the best options available on the market. It comes with spacious compartments to store all your food items and vegetables. Further, it gets a Deo Fresh Technology that sterilizes most bacteria and viruses by releasing negative ions so the food always remains fresh. Add to that, it also gets a Smart Holiday Mode that maintains fridge temperatures so the food always remains fresh. This refrigerator comes with a total of 10 spacious compartments that can withstand heavy food containers. It works on the Twin Inverter Technology so you’re guaranteed high levels of energy saving as it automatically adjusts the cooling temperatures depending on the number of items kept inside the refrigerator. It also gets a Fast Freezing Mode to quickly cool the items inside the refrigerator.
5. Godrej Edge 192 Litres 3 Star Direct Cooling Single Door Refrigerator with Anti Bacterial Technology
Next up on our list is a 3-star refrigerator from Godrej. The sleek refrigerator is energy efficient and comes with Antibacterial technology to keep the food and vegetables fresh all the time. Its 192-litre storage capacity makes it especially appealing as it helps you store all the required food and vegetables very easily. It uses High-grade Toughened Glass Shelf so you keep all the heavy pots and pans filled with items without any worries. This one also works on direct cool technology and effectivity circulates the air throughout the refrigerator to keep all the items afresh. The refrigerator 16.44 L Vegetable Basket Capacity to keep all the vegetables moist and fresh all the time. You also get spacious door compartments to keep your beverage cans such as water, cold drinks, and others. If you’re looking for a refrigerator for a small family, this is yet another good choice for you.
6. Croma 190 Litres 2 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Moving on with our list of best refrigerators available on the market, we have a 2-star rated direct cool single-door refrigerator from Croma. One of the main highlights here is design; the refrigerator seamlessly blends with the kitchen decor. Croma CRAR0216 190 Litres Direct Cool Refrigerator gets a 190-litre capacity to meet a small family of 3 to 4 people. The Croma 2-star refrigerator works on the direct cool technology and gets a manual defrost system to remove the accumulated ice. And yes, this one also features toughed glass shelves for increased durability. Buyers who are using the Croma CRAR0216 190 Litres Direct Cool Refrigerator are happy with its performance and appreciate its value for money factor. And if you’re looking for a well-rounded refrigerator, this is one of the best choices available on the market.
7. Samsung 198 Litres 4 Star Direct Cool Digital Inverter Single Door Refrigerator
This Samsung refrigerator comes with a Next Gen Horizontal Curve Door Design to give your kitchen a touch a style. As usual, you get Samsung has designed the refrigerator with energy efficiency in mind with an energy rating of 4 stars. It works on the Digital Inverter Technology for overall excellent performance. It also gives a noise-free operation. Thanks to an Anti-Bacterial Gasket that keeps the door liner clean and prevents fungi growth, the refrigerator is always clean inside, which also helps in keeping the food and vegetables safe. You also get toughened glass shelves for extended durability, which the manufacturer says can withstand up to 175kg of weight. There is also a Base Stand Drawer, which you can use to keep the vegetables at room temperature. Lastly, the refrigerator offers stabiliser-free operation for more flexibility.
8. Whirlpool 240 Litres 5 Star Frost Free Triple Door Refrigerator
This 240 litres triple door refrigerator comes with moisture retention technology to keep items inside the refrigerator fresh and provides maximum cooling while still using less energy. It comes with Zeolite Technology to keep the fruits and vegetables from ripening by absorbing the ethylene emission from them. It also gets a 6th Sense ActiveFresh Technology that helps preserve the nutrients of fruits and vegetables so they always taste better. Further, you also get 32 L of fruit and vegetable storage space. Thanks to its due to its 3-door design, it also gets a spacious Active Fresh Zone at the bottom of the refrigerator to keep the vegetables. The refrigerator is also designed in such a way that it prevents any bacterial growth by maintaining optimal moisture all the time. If you want a value-for-money triple-door refrigerator, the Whirlpool 240 Litres 5 Star Frost Free Triple Door Refrigerator is one of the go-to choices available.
9. Bosch Serie 4 358 Litres 3 Star Frost Free VarioInverter Double Door Refrigerator
Bosch is one of the popular manufacturers of household items. And it has a range of quality refrigerators on the market. One of the main highlights of the Bosch Serie 4 refrigerator is its on-door electronic display that lets users control the refrigerator settings such as temperature with just a click of a button. Its 358 litres capacity is enough for medium to large families. Its Vario Inverter Compressor technology works to maintain an optimal temperature to keep the items inside the refrigerator fresh all the time no matter the outside temperature. It can give efficient performance even in voltage fluctuations. Further, Bosch is including a range of technologies such as MultiAirflow framework, CoolExtend, SuperCooling, and AirFresh Filter to make using the refrigerator a comfortable and feature-rich experience. If you want a feature-rich refrigerator, this Bosch Serie 4 refrigerator is one of the best choices.
10. Godrej Qube 30 Litres Single Door Refrigerator
The last refrigerator on our list is a compact single-door mini refrigerator from Godrej. The Godrej Qube refrigerator comes with a total of 30 litres of storage capacity and if you live alone, this mini refrigerator is a great choice. It comes with Thermoelectric Cooling for efficient operation and gets a stabiliser-free operation for peace of mind. The inside refrigerator gets an energy-efficient dual LED bulb so you can easily see the items inside. It also includes a magnetic strip on its doors that helps you easily open and close the door with just a push. The refrigerator includes a 5cm thick PUF insulating layer so it can retain cooling for a long period of time. It also runs on a home inverter when there is a power cut for more flexibility. All these features make the Godrej Qube refrigerator one of the best mini refrigerators available on the market.