Krafton, the makers of Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) which now has over 50 million downloads, is cracking down hard on players using tricks/ hacks to get an unfair advantage. The company recently banned around 3,36,000 players that were caught cheating within a short period of seven days. Krafton also claims that it has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to tricks and hacks and strives to maintain a safe play area for genuine players. The game developers have an anti-cheat system in place that recognises cheaters and hackers. Here’s how that system works along with types of hackers and activities that might get you banned from the game.
Type of BGMI hackers
- Wall hacking: It’s a popular tool that allows hackers to see enemies, cars, supply crates, and more through walls. It also allows you to shoot and take down your enemies without even peeking out.
- Headshots: The headshot hacking tool allows players to take some random shot on enemies, and it automatically ends up being a headshot.
- Speed Shots: This hack allows users to set a limit between their aiming speed and shooting speed. This allows you to take down your enemies easier.
- High Damage: This is usually used to increase the damage rate of the weapons available in the game.
- No Footprints: This hack will not show your footsteps to your enemies, which gives you the advantage of getting closer to them and taking them down.
How BGMI Anti-Cheat system ban users
There are certain penalty criteria for every misconduct and committing any one of those might get you banned from Battlegrounds Mobile India. The ban will span from 3 days to indefinite. While you can make a new account and play the game, you won’t be able to use the same account ever again, if banned permanently. Here’s a quick look at all the BGMI penalty criteria:
Maximum Penalty Period
Use, develop, advertise, trade or distribute Unauthorised Programs or Hardware Devices
Investigate the use of Unauthorised Programs or Hardware Devices
3 Days Ban
Modification of Game Client, Servers and Game Data (packet, etc.)
Exploiting Bugs and Glitches
Discriminatory Act (e.g. racial and sexual discrimination)
Inappropriate use of language(e.g. profanity or other offensive languages)
30 Days Ban
Usage of Inappropriate Nicknames and Clan names
90 Days Ban (nickname and clan name will be changed without your consent)
30 Days Ban
Publishing Personal Information
Abusing (e.g. manipulating match results, etc)
Usage of Another User‘s Account / Restrict the Usage of Account (for protecting the Account)
Abusive Use of AFK (Away From Keyboard or idling)
Disturbing Business Operations (e.g. spread false information, abuse customer service platform, impersonate oneself as an employee, create and spread rumours or conduct any other acts)
Inappropriate Advertisement (e.g. commercial without authorisation, abusive, etc.)
Inappropriate Use of Profile Photo (Inappropriate text or images in the profile photo, use of someone else’s photo, etc.)
Abnormal Payment and Subscription
Abuse of Open market store Policies and Processes
Activities that can ban your BGMI account
- Killing of teammates
- Joining random teams and leaving in the middle of a match.
- Teaming up with others in single-player matches.
- Publishing personal information without consent.
- Verbally abusing other players.
- Fixing matches.
- Using accounts of other players.
- Selling account.
- Inappropriate in-game names.
- Inappropriate clan names.
- Inappropriate profile picture.
- Usage of hacking tools.
- Using unauthorized devices to take advantage of the game.
- Advertising unauthorized devices in gameplay.
- Developing hacking tools.
- Selling hacking tools.
How to report hackers in BGMI
There are multiple ways to report cheaters/ hackers` in BGMI.
- If you spot a hacker/ cheater during the gameplay, head to the report button on the left corner and report him/her directly.
- If you encounter a cheater in your own team, then you can use the same report method to report the cheater.
- Just in case you remember the cheater’s nickname then you can report him/her anytime after finishing the game. On the home page head for the arrow button and select the Report section –> Enter the cheater’s nickname –> explain the cheating method.
- You can also send an email to the BGMI’s customer care email ID to report cheaters/ hackers. Make sure the email have the account ID of the hacker and a short description about the hacking method.