- Activision has announced the schedule for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta.
- PlayStation users will get access to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta first.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta will feature a brand-new multiplayer map.
Activision has announced beta dates for the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. As usual, PlayStation players will be getting access to the beta first due to an ongoing deal between Activision and Sony. However, this may not be the case for long as Microsoft is in the process of acquiring Activision Blizzard. That being said, players will get to try out new content, and players who pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will get early access to the beta.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta dates
The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta will run for two weekends. The full schedule of the beta is mentioned below:
- September 16th to September 17th – PlayStation early access
- September 18th to September 20th – PlayStation open beta
- September 22nd to September 23rd – Xbox and PC early access, PlayStation open beta
- September 24th to September 26th – Open beta for all platforms
While the early access days will be open for players who have pre-ordered Modern Warfare 2, open beta will be accessible to all players for free. The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 beta will feature a new map called Marina Grand Prix, which is a 6v6 map that is set in an urban racing circuit. Besides this map, it’s unclear what the Modern Warfare 2 beta will include.
Activision has also announced the Call of Duty Next event for September 15th. This event will focus on the future of Call of Duty franchise with announcements regarding current and new games. The COD Next event will feature full Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer reveal, details about the future of Warzone and Warzone mobile, live gameplay with streamers and content creators, and more. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is set to launch on October 28th.