COVID 19 vaccine registration: The Covid-19 vaccine drive in India is underway and you can register for a jab through the CoWIN app or portal. The second phase of the vaccination, which was announced in March, was applicable for people aged above 60 and those between 45 to 60 with comorbidities. The third phase begins April 1st, and it covers all individuals above the age of 45 years. The government has urged eligible individuals to get the dose of the vaccine to flatten the curve of coronavirus infection, which has gone from “bad” to “worse”. One can visit the CoWIN app/ portal to register themselves online for the vaccine shot.
As per the latest data provided by the health minister, over 6.30 crore doses have been administered since the first phase of the drive, which was launched on January 16th for frontline and health workers. Here’s everything you need to know about the third phase of the coronavirus vaccination drive, including how to register on CoWIN 2.0.
How to register on CoWIN 2.0 for COVID shots
The beneficiary will have to register on CoWIN app/ website for vaccination.
- The CoWIN portal is https://www.cowin.gov.in/home. It’s compatible with all browsers out there. Beneficiaries can also download the CoWIN 2.0 app from Google Play Store on their Android mobile phones. The facility is not available for iPhone users yet
- From the CoWIN 2.0 portal’s home page, scroll down to the ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’ section
- Enter the place and address where you live or click on the ‘current location’ option to get the details of the nearest vaccination centre
- Now, click on the ‘Register Yourself’ button and enter your mobile number to proceed
- You’ll get an OTP with which your account will be created
- Fill in the details and upload the identity documents
- One can also get their family members registered through the account
Beneficiaries will get the option to book an appointment for the vaccination both at the government and private facilities. Registration of up to four people can be done from one account. The second dose of the coronavirus vaccine will be given 29 days after the first dose.
COVID-19 vaccine registration via Aarogya Setu app
In case, you’re not able to register for COVID-19 vaccine via CoWIN 2.0, use the Aarogya Setu app. The government’s health service app also allows beneficiaries to register themselves by verifying via a one-time password (OTP).
- To do so, tap on the ‘CoWIN’ option next to COVID Updates from the top menu
- Tap on ‘Vaccination’ second from the list and select ‘Register Now’. If you’ve already registered, select ‘Login’
- Enter your mobile number and ‘Proceed to Verify’
- An OTP will be sent to the number
- Use the OTP to enter your details, inoculation centre, and more
It’s not mandatory to register online for the Covid-19 vaccine yet. One can also visit the nearby coronavirus vaccination centre along with the required documents and get themselves registered.
Eligibility and documents required
As stated above, all above the age of 45 years are eligible for the COVID vaccine jab in the third phase. Unlike the second phase, individuals above 45 years will not have to produce a document for comorbidities to get vaccinated. A government ID is sufficient.
Co-WIN: Where to get vaccinated?
Around 10,000 private hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY, 600+ hospitals under CGHS, and other private hospitals under states will administer the COVID-19 vaccination shots in the third phase. Click on the links to know the nearest government empanelled coronavirus vaccine hospitals and CGHS hospitals.
How to search nearest vaccine centre
Co-Win and Aarogya Setu both come with a GPS-enabled setting. The beneficiary can use this setting to search the nearest coronavirus vaccination centre.
COVID 19 vaccine price in India
The COVID 19 vaccine price in India is set at Rs 250 for a private hospital. The cost break-up is Rs 150 for a dose plus Rs 100 as a service charge. That said, the vaccination is free of cost at the government facilities across the country.
How to download COVID vaccination certificate
COVID vaccination certificate is available for download via Co-WIN, Aarogya Setu, DigiLocker, and apps. For the certificate,
- You must have already received at least one dose of Vaccine
- You must have the 14-digit beneficiary reference ID with you
- You need to be registered on the CoWIN platform to download the vaccination certification. If the mobile number used to register on CoWIN platform is different from the number used in Aarogya Setu app and DigiLocker, you’ll need to validate it
COVID-19 vaccine timing
Beneficiaries can book coronavirus vaccination appointments via Co-WIN and other IT applications such as Aarogya Setu. The timings are usually between 9 am and 3 pm every day.