COVID vaccine passport linking: COVID vaccine certificate linking with passport is now required if you are travelling abroad for work, study, or pleasure. This will help the official verify that you are leaving the country fully vaccinated. If you are wondering how to link COVID vaccine certificate with passport, here’s a step-by-step guide. The CoWIN website, which is the official platform for vaccine registration, allows users to edit their COVID certificates and link their passports. Now, if you had chosen your passport as your ID proof while registering for vaccination on CoWIN, chances are your COVID vaccine certificate and passport are already linked. You don’t have to go through this process. For everyone else, follow the easy step-by-step guide below on COVID vaccine certificate passport linking:
How to link COVID-19 vaccine certificate with passport
- Fire up your browser and visit COWIN portal: www.cowin.gov.in
- Login with your registered mobile number, which you used for vaccination
- Now, click/ tap on ‘Raise an Issue’ and choose ‘Add Passport Details’ from the drop-down menu
- It’ll redirect you to a new page where you will have to ‘Select a Member’ next to Passport Details and enter the beneficiary’s Passport number in the box below
- Tick the box where it says ‘I declare that this passport belongs to the beneficiary. The name of the passport holder is the same as mentioned on the vaccine certificate’
- Select ‘Submit Request’ to link passport with the vaccine certificate
- You will receive a confirmation message that your request has been submitted on the registered mobile number. It is likely to take a few seconds to process, after which you will receive another message stating that your request has been ‘updated successfully’.
To download the new vaccine certificate linked to your passport on your device, go back to the accounts details page and select the ‘Certificate’ button next to the name of the account to which you have added passport details.
How to check whether your passport is linked to vaccine certificate?
- You can check whether your passport is linked to the vaccine certificate from the CoWIN portal itself.
- To do so, log in with your registered mobile number on CoWIN portal
- From the ‘Account Details’ page, select the ‘Certificate’ button next to the name of the account to which you want to check passport-vaccine certificate link status.
- If your passport is linked, there will be a ‘Passport Details’ section on your certificate
Can you register on CoWIN with your passport?
If you haven’t been inoculated yet and plans to travel abroad soon, you can choose your passport as your photo ID proof while registering yourself. This way your vaccine certificate will automatically be linked with your passport.