- Delhi lockdown has been extended till 5 am on May 3rd
- E-passes will be issued to people engaged in running shops, going for vaccination, and other sectors
- Marriages scheduled during the course will be allowed
Delhi lockdown update: The lockdown in the national capital has been extended till 5 am on May 3rd. The Delhi government had initially imposed a six-day lockdown on April 19th. There are no changes in the restrictions imposed and the procedure to apply for e pass in Delhi for marriage, vaccination, and funeral remain the same as before. The original story follows:
Delhi will be under lockdown from tonight to next Monday morning i.e. 26th April. Called the curfew, there will be stricter curbs in the capital to check the alarming surge in the COVID cases. The guidelines for the week-long curfew/ lockdown in Delhi are pretty much the same as the weekend curfew. All the non-essential movement of individuals including that of domestic help shall be prohibited and shopping malls, auditoriums, gyms, spas, bars, and dine-in services at restaurants will remain shut. Only essential services and those going for vaccination, attending marriages and funerals, among others will be allowed. That said, exempted individuals (apart from those allowed on I-Card) will only be allowed to move across Delhi with an e Pass. Here’s how you can apply for a e pass in Delhi:
The guidelines for this week-long curfew in Delhi are similar to those issued for weekend curfew. “All private offices will Work From Home and only government offices and essential services will be open,” as per a report by NDTV.
E-passes will be issued to
- People engaged in running shops selling medicines, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish;
- People working in banks, telecom/ internet services, delivery of essential goods, petrol pumps;
- Those going for Covid-19 vaccination.
- Movement for marriages and funerals. However, not more than 50 and 20 persons respectively will be allowed in marriage and funeral.
How to apply for curfew e pass in Delhi online
A curfew e pass in Delhi is compulsory for individuals going out for vaccination and other purposes during the lockdown. Here’s how you can apply for curfew pass in Delhi:
- Visit delhi.gov.in and look for ‘Click here to apply for ePass for night curfew from 10 pm to 5 pm & weekend curfew‘
- Select and choose your preferred language, presently only Hindi and English options are available
- Choose ‘E-pass for travel during night curfew OR Weekend-Curfew’ in the field ‘What do you need help with?’
- Fill in details such as contact number, name of the applicant, district, address of engagement, type of service, and the dates for which the epass is required.
- Submit an ID proof and check the acknowledgement box
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button after filling in all required details
- Once you submit your online application for epass, an e-pass Reference Number will be generated, which can be used to check the status of the application.
At the time of writing this article, the website didn’t offer Delhi curfew epass for wedding and funerals.
How to check Delhi curfew pass status
After the application for e pass has been submitted online, a couple of messages will be sent to your registered mobile number. The first message will be the receipt of the application, which you will get as soon as you hit the Submit button in the application form, while the second message will be sent at the time of approval of the Movement Pass (so keep tracking).
- Alternatively, you can visit the Delhi government site — delhi.gov.in
- Click on Apply for ePass for night curfew from 10 pm to 5 pm & weekend curfew
- Select language, followed by ‘Check Status‘ next to ‘If you already submitted an ePass application, click here to’
- Enter the 7 character ePass ID sent to you via SMS on your registered mobile number and hit ‘Check status’
- This is how you can check the status of Delhi curfew pass