- Delhi lockdown has been extended till 5 am on June 7th
- Apart from essential services, the Delhi government has allowed work for construction and factories during the lockdown
- Marriages scheduled during the course will be allowed
Delhi lockdown update: The lockdown in the national capital has been extended till 5 am on June 7th. That said, the Delhi government has eased restrictions on certain activities this time around. In addition to essential services, construction work and factories will start functioning from Monday, i.e. May 31st. All other activities will remain under the preview of lockdown restrictions. This has been done to break the chain of transmission, DDMA said in a press release. Additionally, the movement of workers, employees engaged in non-essential activities will be allowed only on the basis of the availability of e-pass as directed by the Delhi government. Here’s how you can apply for an e pass in Delhi:
How to apply for e pass in Delhi online
A curfew e pass in Delhi is compulsory for individuals going out for vaccination and other purposes during the lockdown. Here’s how you can apply for curfew pass in Delhi:
- Visit delhi.gov.in and look for ‘Click here to apply for ePass for night curfew from 10 pm to 5 pm & weekend curfew‘
- Select and choose your preferred language, presently only Hindi and English options are available
- Choose ‘E-pass for travel during night curfew OR Weekend-Curfew’ or ‘Bulk e-passes for activities opening up from 31st May 2021’ in the field ‘What do you need help with?’
- Fill in details such as contact number, name of the applicant, district, address of engagement, type of service, and the dates for which the epass is required.
- Submit an ID proof and check the acknowledgement box
- Hit the ‘Submit’ button after filling in all required details
- Once you submit your online application for epass, an e-pass Reference Number will be generated, which can be used to check the status of the application.
At the time of writing this article, the website didn’t offer Delhi curfew epass for wedding and funerals.
How to check Delhi curfew pass status
After the application for e pass has been submitted online, a couple of messages will be sent to your registered mobile number. The first message will be the receipt of the application, which you will get as soon as you hit the Submit button in the application form, while the second message will be sent at the time of approval of the Movement Pass (so keep tracking).
- Alternatively, you can visit the Delhi government site — delhi.gov.in
- Click on Apply for ePass for night curfew from 10 pm to 5 pm & weekend curfew
- Select language, followed by ‘Check Status‘ next to ‘If you already submitted an ePass application, click here to’
- Enter the 7 character ePass ID sent to you via SMS on your registered mobile number and hit ‘Check status’
- This is how you can check the status of Delhi curfew pass
Who all are exempted and requires an e pass to travel in Delhi?
The new Delhi lockdown guidelines allow the movement of people engaged in the construction and manufacturing sector, as well as essential services. While the health and other essential services will continue to function without the requirement of an e-pass, others will require an e-pass for movement within the city. They include
Employees working in manufacturing and construction companies.
People travelling from Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad and other NCR regions to Delhi. Although if you have a train or flight to catch, you don’t have to apply for an e pass.
- People engaged in running shops selling medicines, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish;
- People working in banks, telecom/ internet services, delivery of essential goods, petrol pumps;
- Those going for Covid-19 vaccination.
- Movement for marriages and funerals. However, not more than 50 and 20 persons respectively will be allowed in marriage and funeral.