A working individual with an EPF account maintained by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can easily check his/her EPF balance anytime, anywhere. This can be done online or via SMS or missed call. While online, you can check the EPF balance using EPFO portal or using UMANG app (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) on your mobile. Using any of these methods you can do EPF balance check, without having to wait till the end of the year for the statement provided by your employer. Keep reading to find out how to check PF balance instantly
How to check EPF balance
The EPF balance check can be done using any of the four options – EPFO portal, UMANG app, SMS and missed call. Here’s how it’s done:
Using EPFO portal
You can do an EPF balance check using EPFO portal by following these steps:
- Visit the EPFO portal or click here.
- Under the Services section, select For Employees.
- On the new webpage, click on Member Passbook under Services.
- It will take you to the Sign In | EPF Passbook & Claim Status login page, where you need to enter requisite details – UAN, password, and Captcha. Once done, click on Login.
- After this, click on Select Member ID and then select View Passbook for the EPF balance check.
Using UMANG app
You can do an EPF balance check using UMANG app on your mobile. UMANG App (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance), launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), is a unique platform that offers access to different government services, such as EPF, Aadhaar, etc. For EPF balance check, follow these steps:
- If you don’t have the UMANG App, download it from Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or Windows Store.
- Install and launch the app. Complete the one-time registration process and mobile number verification.
- Under the EPFO option on the homepage, select the Employee Centric Services option.
- Click on View Passbook. Enter your UAN and click on Get OTP.
- Once you receive and enter the OTP, click on Login and see the EPF balance and passbook on the screen.
You can do an EPF balance check via SMS if you have activated your UAN, which must be linked to your PAN, Aadhaar, and bank. You have to send SMS ‘EPFOHO UAN LAN’ to 7738299899. LAN refers to the first three letters of the preferred language option – English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
Via missed call
Along with these options, you can also do an EPF balance check via a missed call from your registered mobile number. Give a missed call on 011-22901406 to receive an SMS providing details of your EPF balance.
Please note that these methods are applicable for checking the balance of the EPF account maintained by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), and not exempted establishment or private trust. For the latter, you need to check the company’s employee portal, or EPF slip provided by the employee, contact the company’s HR department or track your monthly EPF contributions through your salary slips.