Facebook video download: As of now, Facebook video download option isn’t available officially on the social media platform yet, which means you will have to seek help from third-party apps and software download Facebook videos offline. There are several apps and software that let you download Facebook videos on the device of your choice, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS, and watch them offline even when there is no active internet connection. There are many options out there for Facebook video download on mobile and desktop, but not all of them are as simple as hitting the download button. Below are some of the options that we’ve tried at our end and here’s how to download Facebook videos. Take a look:
How to save Facebook videos online
You don’t have to download Facebook videos if you are planning to watch them later. Instead, use Facebook’s ‘Save Video’ feature. The feature lets you save Facebook videos for later use.
- To do so, select the Facebook video you wish to save
- Tap on the three-dot icon –> choose ‘Save Video’ from the window that pops up from the bottom
- The video will be added to ‘your saved videos’ library
To access the saved Facebook video, click on the ‘hamburger icon and look for ‘saved’. Inside it, you’ll find all your saved videos. While the process is simple, it will leach all your data every time you stream the Facebook video. That can be avoided with how to download Facebook videos steps stated below.
How to download Facebook videos using browser
The easiest way to download Facebook videos on Android phone, iPhone, Windows laptop, and Mac. You can use fbdown.net to store the videos locally on your device. The website is compatible across browsers that supports downloading. While almost all browsers on Android support downloading, on iPhone it’s only Safari and Firefox.
- Begin with selecting the Facebook video you wish to download
- Copy the video link – if you’re using the Facebook app, hit the share button. Web browser users can tap on the comments of the Facebook video and copy the URL from the following screen
- Now, open the fbdown.net website on the supported phone browser.
- Paste the link on the ‘Enter Facebook Video link’ dialogue box
- Choose Download
How to save or download FB videos on Apple iPhone
- iPhone users using Safari can copy the Facebook video link and paste it on the fbdown.net
- Tap on ‘Force Download SD’ to download the video.
- That’s it! The Facebook video will be downloaded on your device.
Head to iPhone’s Downloads Folder to view the download Facebook video. If the video is not there, check your browser’s settings for the saved location.
Download FB videos online to phone gallery via Android app
In addition to the browser option, Android users can download Facebook videos via a third-party app called FastVid. The app is available on Google Play Store.
- There are a couple of advantages of this app. First, you can log in with your Facebook ID and download videos simultaneously without going through the hassle of copy-pasting or visiting a website to download Facebook videos on a mobile phone.
- If you don’t want to log in, you can use FastVid URL option to save Facebook videos. The URL option works the same way as fbdown.net – you copy the Facebook video link from the app or browser and paste it in the box, which then prompts a message with video quality options. Choose the one that suits you the best, and voila, the video is saved on your device.
- The app has its own library and video player to play downloaded Facebook videos. You can also share, delete, and rename the video without leaving the FastVid app.
- The app has both free and paid versions. The free version lets you download as many videos as the paid version, but you will have to bear the ads.
How to save Facebook videos on a desktop PC or laptop
fbdown.net can be used to download Facebook videos on Windows/ macOS powered laptops as well. Of course, there are other options too, but we were quite content with the UI of fbdown. Again, you’ll be required to use a web browser that supports download to save Facebook videos offline. The Facebook video download process on desktop using fbdown.net is as follows:
- Copy the Facebook video URL, you would like to download
- Go to fbdown.net and paste the link where it asks you to and hit the ‘Download’ button
- Select the quality of the video between normal (SD) or HD
- Right-click the video and click on the option to save the video on your computer
- You can also expand the ‘More Options’ to force download video directly
This is how you can save FB videos on Android, iPhone, and Windows/ macOS-powered devices.
Does Facebook support 4K video?
Yes, it does. The 4K videos of Facebook supports the 2160p UHD-1 standard. In addition to 4K, Facebook also comes with FHD, HD, and SD video formats.