Every time your vehicle crosses a toll plaza on national highways, money is deducted from your FASTag, and hence it is important to check FASTag balance at all times to avoid any inconvenience while travelling. FASTag is an electronic toll collection chip based on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology that automatically deducts toll amounts from the prepaid wallet or linked bank account. Not only does it save time by eliminating the need to stop at a toll plaza for payment, but also lowers wastage of fuel as there is no stoppage of vehicles at every toll booth. Hence, FASTag balance check must be done for a smooth travel experience. You can easily check SBI, IDFC, Axis, ICICI, and HDFC FASTag balance using the website, using the app, via SMS, and via customer care round the clock. Here’s everything that you need to know about FASTag balance check.
How to check balance in FASTag
It is important to check the balance in FASTag of your vehicle so that you have a hassle-free travel. If you have a prepaid wallet or an attached bank account with FASTag, then there are four ways in which you can check SBI, IDFC, Axis, ICICI, and HDFC FASTag balance. For FASTag balance check, you can use a website, use an app, send SMS, or contact customer care at your convenience so that you never face any issue while travelling due to insufficient FASTag balance. So always check FASTag balance using any of these simple ways, which are elaborated below.
FASTag balance check using website
For FASTag balance check using website, you need to log on to your account on the issuer agency website.
- So, if you have to check SBI, IDFC, Axis, ICICI, or HDFC FASTag balance, you need to visit the FASTag issuer bank website
- Log in to your account with relevant credentials
- Check the balance as well as the detailed statement of all the toll deductions.
FASTag balance check using app
For FASTag balance check using app, you can download the My FASTag App that is linked to the NHAI prepaid wallet (National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
- You can download this app on Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your mobile
- Alternately, you can download the relevant mobile application of your FASTag prepaid wallet or bank account and
- Log in with your credentials for the FASTag balance check.
FASTag balance check via SMS
FASTag balance check via SMS is the simplest and easiest method to keep a tab on all the updates. You always receive an SMS alert on the registered mobile number whenever there is any deduction on passing a toll plaza. The SMS not only shows the toll deduction but also the FASTag balance amount. So, whenever you want to check FASTag balance, look for the latest FASTag SMS in your inbox and see the balance amount.
Just like SMS, you also receive an email on your registered email ID every time there is a deduction in FASTag balance on crossing a toll plaza. So, for the FASTag balance check, you can check the latest email related to FASTag in your inbox.
FASTag balance check via customer care
If you have NHAI FASTag, then you can give a missed call on +91-8884333331 (toll-free number). In case the NHAI prepaid wallet is associated with more than one vehicle, then the SMS you get shows the cumulative balance for all vehicles.
- For SBI FASTag balance check, you can call customer care number 1800110018 (toll-free number).
- For IDFC FASTag balance check, you can give a missed call on +91-9990243331 or call customer care number 18002669970 (toll-free).
- For Axis FASTag balance check, you can give a missed call on +91-7287999990 or call customer care number 18004198585 (toll-free).
- For ICICI FASTag balance check, you can give a missed call on +91-8010928888 or call customer care number 18002100104 (toll-free)
- For HDFC FASTag balance check, you can give a missed call on +91-7208053999 or call customer care number 18001201243 (toll-free).
How to check FASTag balance in Paytm
For your Paytm FASTag, you get regular in-app notifications and SMSs about toll deductions and transactions.
- Check the latest SMS about FASTag transaction as it shows balance as well.
- Furthermore, you can check all transactions in your Paytm passbook.
- For the FASTag balance check, you can also visit the ‘Manage FASTag’ section under the FASTag sub-wallet on the app.
- You can also check FASTag balance on PayTM by calling customer care number 18001204210.
If you have Paytm FASTag, then you do not have to maintain a separate FASTag account. You just need to maintain a minimum balance in your Paytm wallet and not worry about recharging your FASTag account every now and then. The toll deduction is automatically done from the Paytm wallet on crossing a toll plaza. Nonetheless, there are multiple ways to check FASTag balance in Paytm, which add to your convenience.
How to check FASTag balance in Phonepe
- To check FASTag balance in Phonepe, visit the ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ section on the homepage of the app.
- Then select the ‘See All’ option and thereafter, click on ‘FASTag Recharge’ under the ‘Recharges’ section.
- Next, choose your bank and enter the vehicle registration number in the relevant textbox and press confirm.
- Once done, you can see all the details of your FASTag account, including the FASTag balance.
What should be the minimum balance on FASTag?
The NHAI (National Highway Authority of India) decided to do away with the mandatory minimum amount many months ago; however, to avoid inconvenience while travelling it is suggested to at least have Rs 150-200 in your FASTag account or wallet.
What happens if the FASTag doesn’t have enough balance?
If the FASTag doesn’t have enough balance, you will be allowed to pass through the first toll plaza of your journey, although your tag status will showcase low balance. Hence, before you reach the next toll plaza, you will either have to recharge your FASTag account or pay in cash, which is twice what you pay toll via FASTag.